The #1 photo gallery on CodeCanyon – 14,000+ customers agree!
Justified Image Grid is a powerful and responsive WordPress gallery plugin, expertly designed to showcase your images in the most beautiful and authentic way. Whether you specialize in capturing magical wedding days, creative designs and innovations, expressive portraits, extraordinary architecture, or a journalistic exploration, your photos tell a unique story and deserve to be presented in their full glory.
Unlike many gallery plugins, Justified Image Grid for WordPress organizes your images into a perfectly balanced horizontal photo grid that draws the eye from left to right, just as you would read a narrative. There is a natural flow to your photographic story, and the images work together as elements of a complete whole. Most importantly, your images retain their original aspect ratio, so they display exactly as you intended.
What’s more, this premium WordPress gallery is fully compatible with your existing sources. You can simply load content from Facebook or Flickr and see it transformed into a stunning gallery display, using jQuery. This versatile gallery plugin also makes it easy to completely remodel your new or existing NextGEN galleries, for a vastly superior display performance. Justified Image Grid works seamlessly with the premium WP Real Media Library plugin to bridge the gap between your albums and your gallery, giving you access to your native media library and effortlessly organizing your collections and folders.
For an even more personal and compelling gallery experience, you can add special effects to your photos, such as desaturation, softening, or black and white. This comprehensive gallery plugin also allows you to integrate a bundle of beautiful free and premium lightbox options into your Justified Image Grid WordPress Gallery, to define how your photos display after a thumbnail click. Mobile friendly and retina ready, Justified Image Grid gives you complete confidence that your gallery will perform flawlessly on any device, orientation or pixel density.
There’s so much more to discover with Justified Image Grid for WordPress – get started today!
Justified Image Grid for WordPress is easy to install and gives you full control over every aspect of your photo gallery – no coding skills required! Simply set the plugin to automatically take over your existing WordPress galleries, or more experienced users can choose to tap into the detailed settings at every level. Extensive documentation is freely available, to help you get the most out of your download. We also provide personal, genuine and in-depth support, covering technical and compatibility issues, and guarantee a fast response.
Buy with confidence – the author is here to help!
- Extended license doesn’t cover multiple uses! You need to purchase a regular or an extended license for every site. You can’t resell the plugin as part of a stock theme; the extended license does not allow you to do that.
- The photos (Shutterstock) and WordPress theme (Avada) seen on the preview site are not included in the download.
- This is not the vertical Pinterest style – read about what is masonry.
- Summary of all features
Visual aspects – take full control of your gallery:
- Automatic justified layout – Horizontal grid that leads the eye in the natural reading direction (LTR/RTL).
- Flexible, dynamic row height with incomplete last row handling.
- Limit image count or maximum rows.
- Hidden limit – limit the number of thumbs but see all images in the lightbox.
- Aspect ratio, random width – Redefine the shape of the thumbnails, for more uniform or fuzzy grids.
- Responsive gallery – The gallery adapts to any width for different devices, screens and orientations.
- Mobile specific settings that apply when a mobile device is detected.
- Retina ready – Thumbnails are served to match the screen capabilities of your device. Supports resolutions much higher than retina.
- Special effects – Such as de-saturate, blur / soften, sepia, glow – on the fly.
- Well-customizable – Overlay, border, shadow, icon on the thumbnails.
- Thumbnail captions – Sliding and fading animation, polaroid look, translucent/gradient or blurry background, vertical centering and more!
Behavior – gallery extras:
- Custom links – Open a specific page or video.
- Video gallery support – YouTube, Vimeo, self-hosted.
- Filtering – Narrow the gallery by tags, categories, custom taxonomies.
- Load more – Speed up gallery loading, and expand it with a click.
- Infinite scroll – Scroll to load more content to the gallery.
- CDN compatibility – Your key to lightning-fast galleries.
- Custom presets – Create and re-use a unique combination of settings.
- Right click protection against theft on thumbnails and in the lightboxes.
- Download link with browser pop-up to save the image.
- Use multiple instances on the same page.
- Conditional script loading – plugin files will only load when needed, not affecting other pages.
- Unconditional script loading with AJAX theme support.
- Hundreds of settings with contextual help.
- Shortcode Editor to style each gallery individually – and create template tags.
- Built-in presets to apply looks out of the box.
Content sources – various sites and plugins you may already use:
- WordPress (can take over existing galleries)
- NextGEN Gallery (can take over existing galleries)
- Real Media Library (can take over existing galleries)
- RSS feeds
- Breadcrumbs for sources that support album-gallery relationships.
- Lightboxes – bundled or mutually compatible:
- WPML and translation ready. It covers admin areas and applicable settings.
- Includes Spanish translation.
- Adds images to XML Sitemap with WordPress SEO plugin by Joost de Valk.
- Animated GIF and transparent PNG support.
- Display gallery or the lightbox for members only (optional).
Videos – make sure you watch them in 1080p!
- “The Justified Image Grid plugin for Wordpress installed easily, and works fantastic. It’s simple to use, and the multiple appearances made customization a breeze. I’d recommend this for anyone who wants their image galleries to stand out. In all – a great plugin. // Nils Kristoffersen”
- I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again. This is one of best gallery plugins out there. Easy to install and use and looks fantastic. With it’s easy social media integration this proved to be the best solution for clients who were more comfortable uploading images onto their social media accounts than entering the WP Admin which can be daunting for some. 5* all the way. Highly recommended!
- This is the best gallery plugin for wordpress. Great styles, loads of options, and totally flexible. I love it! Works perfectly for what I was trying to accomplish. Thank you so much!
- Great plugin and a great author!! Easy install, and when I had a small issue the author took care of it within minutes. Bookmarked
- What a beautiful gallery plugin! Lovely work.
- Just want to say: what an awesome plugin. I have been looking for a gallery for wordpress with these capabilities for an age! Great work Firsh.
- 5 stars on this one buddy, up and runnin faster then my coffee maker!
- This plugin is awesome, but Firsh’s customer service is incredible!
- Perfect and easy! Best (responsive) gallery plugin by far! Great job.
- You are awesome Firsh. The best customer service on the web!
- It´s too bad that I can´t give you another five stars for your custumer service!
So I do it this way: * * * * *
- Thanks for making such an awesome plugin, I really love it and am so glad I stumbled upon it today!
- 1.2? OMG …its the gift that keeps on giving! Right on man, best 12 bux I EVER spent.
- I love this gallery plugin….Been hoping someone would put it together, and did not imagine it being this good. Bravo!
- I just feel the need to comment on how extremely helpful Firsh is if you ever have a problem with your purchase or even if you have questions not related to your purchase. I would recommend buying from him. He is patient, thorough, and overall, makes great plugins!
- I did the upgrades of the plugin and it is working brilliantly. It takes true vision to develop such a piece of software and I applaud you for that! It solved a big problem for us and opened up some great new possibilities which we are using to extend our website design way beyond the norm.
- Thanks for the lightning fast support. Firsh was great help. He answered my query in under an hour and fixed my issue right away..
- You my friend have been awesome! You went beyond the call of duty to help me out! So easy to recommend your work and support to others! We need people like you out there on all Evnavto Marketplaces!
Updates / Changelog
v3.0.2 – April 2, 2016 – Fixes regarding the Shortcode Editor, old NextGEN, RML, IE browser.Fixed
- NextGEN Gallery’s recent mess where, upon creating a new gallery the title would not be sanitized as slug. This would result in galleries unable to be entered with JIG (or with NG for that matter). JIG can now handle spaces in NG gallery “slugs”. NG removes the spaces from the gallery title and tries to open it that way, but fails. It’s not possible to recover where spaces were. JIG replaces spaces with a dash, and then converts them back to spaces if necessary, to be able to open a gallery.
- NextGEN detection now includes old NG versions again, including NextCellent Gallery – NextGEN Legacy.
- Shortcode Editor didn’t work in IE browser due to it not supporting the repeat JS function.
- Shortcode Editor would sometimes show just a zero, 0 when WPML was used with a certain setup.
- The RML selection dropdown in the Shortcode Editor was set up with unicode icons, which didn’t show properly on devices, so now it’s reverted to indicate folders, collections and galleries with [F], [C] and [G], respectively.
v3.0.1 – March 18, 2016 – Shortcode Editor hotfix.Fixed
- Shortcode Editor generated malformed shortcodes when WP Real Media Library was not installed.
v3 – March 11, 2016 – WP Real Media Library compatibility, Media Library Assistant auto take-over, SVG support, initially load, many improvements and fixes.Added / New features
- New WordPress-based source: Real Media Library
- New source: Media Library Assistant shortcodes can now automatically be displayed with JIG with a simple setting. This opens exotic possibilities such as creating a gallery based on search keywords, or ordering thumbnails based on custom field values, and other more advanced queries besides what JIG supports natively.
- SVG format support for WP Media Library and Recent Posts sources. No settings, it’s automatic. It’s best for logos!
- An optional “Initially load” amount of pictures to have on the page before Load More.
- Facebook video gallery support. To load user videos you need to re-auth yourself because of a new user_videos permission.
- Ability to add a custom class to individual instances for easier Custom CSS targeting.
- Albums from Vimeo RSS are now recognized. From now on, they can be converted to RSS url in the Shortcode Editor. Up to 25 videos per feed.
- Added 500px “custom searches” RSS feed compatibility – this replaces “user favorites”, which is no longer offered by 500px
- YouTube videos played by PrettyPhoto and Magnific Popup don’t show related videos anymore. It’s the &rel=0 bit in the video URL.
- Facebook tags in Albums descriptions are now clickable external links.
- The ?iframe=true is automatically removed from the URL when the custom link is not supposed to open in prettyPhoto.
- The video players for YouTube and Vimeo in prettyPhoto are now protocol-flexible (they work with https).
- The plugin will let you know on the NextGEN and WP RML tabs when you don’t have these plugins installed.
- Adding Facebook pages by URL is now way more flexible and can work with carelessly pasted URLs.
- Loading Flickr Collections for selection in the Shortcode Editor is now much faster, and is handled by just 2 Flickr API requests. It’s especially noticeable when you have a lot of albums in your collections.
- Changed class name of the 3rd-party mobile detect library to avoid conflicts with similarly-named classes that are different. It caused some PHP errors for certain users.
- jQuery v2.2.0 compatibility, now it’s available to have it loaded as “jQuery source”.
- Facebook API v2.5 compatibility.
- When using lightbox groups with prettyPhoto (straight to lightbox albums), the Smart Deeplinking URL would only be correct for the first group. This would also mean that following a deeplink #! hash it would not re-open properly in these cases.
- When deselecting a filter button on a touch device, the button would still appear highlighted. This only happened when allowing multiple filters to be selected and also for the Load More button.
- With jQuery 2+ used, JIG would recognize all browsers as old IE and not show certain thumbnail effects.
- Filtering bug when using top x terms: in certain cases, on Firefox the console would say filteredImages…push is not a function.
- An animation problem with the mixed and reverse-mixed caption styles is removed, increasing the space between two captions by 3px.
- JIG would freeze if no text would be shown for Load More count text with WPML enabled.
- An edge case only in Chrome, the caption would go beyond the thumbnail boundaries. Furthermore, the background would be off by 1 pixel sometimes. These only applied if special effects were used only behind the captions and caption width was set to match text width.
- In a rare case, tags in Facebook album remained unprocessed (latest one mode).
- Incomplete last row: match + center and flexible + match + center wouldn’t center an incomplete but single/only row.
- When title appears inside frame in prettyPhoto and “link rel” doesn’t group images, navigation was still visible.
- Edge case where Pinterest Pin button would appear twice (mostly just briefly) in prettyPhoto.
- Pinterest Pin button width measuring updated (when the count showed up it could cover G+ button).
- NextGEN’s “resource manager” is only disabled on the frontend from now on. Previously it affected native modal window of NextGEN (opened from the visual editor): the “Add Gallery / Images” tab in particular.
- Multiple link rel attributes would be included in the Smart Deeplinking hash of prettyPhoto and PhotoSwipe. It’ll only use the first rel attribute from now on. It was conflicting with the “jQuery mobile – link rel external” setting.
- After editing a file of the plugin via the Editor in WordPress, the editable file types remain filtered. Previously it offered files from the thumbnail cache too as editable, after an change was made.
- Now detecting Windows 10’s Edge browser as “any IE” for the purpose of IE-exclusive rendering problems (all versions). One of these is the “1px visual glitch” mentioned in JIG v2.8.1 and JIG v2.8 updates.
- PhotoSwipe to v4.1.1 (re-customized).
- Mobile Detect to v2.8.19 (changed class name)
- jQuery dotdotdot to 1.8.0
- Spanish translation.
- Documentation, Localization.
v2.8.2 – August 23, 2015 – Important security update, solution to Facebook problems, no double images in RSS feeds, small prettyPhoto fixes.
v2.8.1 – August 10, 2015 – Fix for TimThumb on older PHP versions, prettyPhoto facelift, improved IE compatibility.
v2.8 – August 2, 2015 – Thumbnails can no longer exceed screen height, title is no longer outside the frame in prettyPhoto, fix for Firefox 40+, and other improvements and fixes.
v2.7 – June 11, 2015 – Fixed Tweet button, process shortcodes in captions, prettyPhoto align and expand button fix, many other improvements and fixes.
v2.6 – May 10, 2015 – Many PhotoSwipe 4 related additions, better YouTube and Vimeo, Facebook cover picture icons get refreshed, general fixes.
v2.5 – April 23, 2015 – YouTube playlist, no longer using YouTube API v2 for their RSS feeds, instant preview picture in Facebook share with Smart Deeplinking, correct RSS feed order, latest PhotoSwipe, many improvements and fixes, also involving security.
v2.4 – December 19, 2014 – New PhotoSwipe 4 with Smart Deeplinking (social sharing for mobiles), better sharing, improved Facebook source performance
v2.3.1 – November 17, 2014 – Infinite scroll offset, comments for recent posts, better Facebook. Also improvements, fixes.
v2.3 – October 11, 2014 – Improvements and bugfixes
v2.2.2 – August 30, 2014 – Minor update
v2.2.1 – August 29, 2014 – Hotfix
v2.1 – Aug 12, 2014 – Facebook API v2, Magnific Popup, NextGEN search, many improvements and fixes. Important! If you use photos from Facebook Pages, without an App, create a Facebook App before updating for an uninterrupted experience.
v2.0.4 – May 16, 2014 – SEO, quick improvements
v2.0.3 – May 14, 2014 – Hotfix
v2.0.2 – May 12, 2014 – Flickr SSL, better translatability, show images by any taxonomy, cosmetic fixes regarding Retina Ready and special effects, better (video) sharing from prettyPhoto, numerous improvements and bugfixes
v2.0.1 – March 31, 2014 – Hotfix, FooBox related bugfix
v2 – March 27, 2014 – Custom presets, preset authority, video player, exclude Facebook albums, many improvements and bugfixes
v1.9 – February 22, 2014 – Automatic updates, better tabs support, AJAX, more flexible borders, major improvements to Facebook overview and prettyPhoto Pinterest pin button
v1.8 – December 20, 2013 – Christmas update – Flickr collections, Multiple Facebook albums, new Recent posts features, individual prettyPhoto social tools, WP3.8 compatibility and much more
v1.7.2 – November 12, 2013 – Flickr search, Facebook friends, improvements, bugfixes regarding NextGEN, filtering, compatibility, 3rd party script updates
v1.7.1 – October 3, 2013 – Hotfix update
v1.7 – October 1, 2013 – Retina ready (native HDPI display support), vastly improved Filtering, theme and prettyPhoto compatibility (problems that were most often surfacing as “social tools are not visible”)
v1.6.2 – August 26, 2013 – Bugfixes, maintaining NG2 compatibility
v1.6.1 – August 26, 2013 – Hotfix and a new small setting
v1.6 – August 26, 2013 – RSS Feeds (any image source), NextGEN 2 compatibility, larger Facebook images, animated gifs, settings import/export and uninstall, custom taxonomy filter for Recent posts
v1.5.1 – June 3, 2013 – Hotfix update that affects Filtering, Aspect Ratio and Facebook overview
v1.5 – June 1, 2013 – The biggest update yet! – Instagram, Filtering, Facebook overview, Fixed aspect ratio, Randomize width, Individual Facebook like with prettyPhoto advanced deeplinking, better SEO, Admin interface improvements, and much more…
v1.4.9 – May 1, 2013 – Vertical caption centering, infinite scroll, Jetpack Carousel…
v1.4.8 – April 4, 2013 – New shortcode options, more bugfixes, some improvements
v1.4.7 – March 21, 2013 – Important bugfixes
v1.4.6 – March 18, 2013 – Jetpack Photon compatibility, NG+WPML, CDN support, better SEO, bugfixes
v1.4.5 – February 12, 2013 – User suggested new features, NextGEN core changes, browser and jQuery compatibility bugfixes for the shortcode editor, mobile experience improvements…
v1.4.4 – January 18, 2013 – Minor update
v1.4.3 – January 15, 2013 – Minor update regarding NextGEN (when soft disabled temporarily)
v1.4.2 – December 28, 2012 – Minor update
v1.4.1 – December 18, 2012 – Minor update
v1.4 – December 17, 2012
v1.3 – September 26, 2012
v1.2 – August 6, 2012
v1.1 – July 6, 2012
v1.0 – July 1, 2012 – Initial CodeCanyon Release
See the complete changelog on the plugin’s website.