About jNewsticker for Wordpress
jNewsticker for Wordpress brings the power of jNewsticker to your Wordpress website.
Not running Wordpress? Check out jNewsticker jQuery plugin for the original jQuery plugin.
What others have said
this rocks, thanks – got it twitter-setup and enabled on my site w/shortcode in less than 8 minutes. outstanding
Wow, this plugin is exactly what I have been looking for – thank you, thank you, thank you. Five stars coming your way buddy!!!
I am SO IN LOVE with this plugin! Thank you so much.
Great Support! Eric really helped out, and it looks terrific, I would recommend!
Don’t know a thing about coding? You’re in luck. jNewsticker for Wordpress is designed to be as painless as possible, regardless of your technical expertise. Just install the plugin, configure a news ticker and drop it into one of your theme’s widget ready areas or into any post with the shortcode.
View this video for a straightforward demonstration of how quickly you can put together a news ticker with jNewsticker for Wordpress.
Developers, we thought of you too. The plugin comes pre-packaged with support for adding news items from RSS feeds, Twitter, recent posts and recent comments out of the box, but you can take advantage of the plugin’s flexible framework to register your own data sources. None of the bundled skins doing it for you? Creating your own is as easy as creating a CSS file and registering it with the plugin.
Features at a glance
- Three professionally designed skins
- Three in-built news ticker animation styles: fade, scroll and reveal
- Populate news items from RSS feeds, Twitter, recent posts and recent comments, or create your own free form news items (new in version 1.1). Support for custom post types is built in.
- Multi-lingual support
- Design your own skins
- Handles window resizing
- Supports multiple instances on a page
- Full documentation covering how to implement the news ticker, theming guide and developer guide
- Compatible with IE7+, Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera
Note about Facebook support
Previously, jNewsticker supported Facebook page integration. Unfortunately, due to changes in the Facebook API, this no longer works. We’re very sorry for any inconvenience.
1.1.16 – August 6, 2014
- Fixes TwitterOAuth issue.
1.1.15 – December 11, 2013
- Added support for Codestyling Localization.
- Fixed up issues with .po/.mo files.
1.1.14 – October 11, 2013
- Do not display newsticker if there are no news items.
1.1.13 – August 21, 2013
- Class by class existence checking for the OAuth library required for Twitter integration.
- Prevent loading TwitterOAuth library if it already exists.
1.1.11 – June 12, 2013
- Fixed bug caused by Twitter API retirement.
1.1.10 – May 14, 2013
- Fixed a bug causing the scroll animation to stop after one loop through all news items. Only occurred in certain cases, where an older version of jQuery UI was being loaded.
- Fixed an error caused when tweets are not loaded from Twitter.
- Works around problems with OAuth library being loaded twice.
1.1.9 – March 5, 2013
- Bug fix for Twitter data source.
1.1.8 – March 4, 2013
- Updated Twitter integration. Due to changes in the Twitter API, it is now a requirement that all request to the Twitter API be provided with credentials. Basically, this means that you have to create a Twitter application (not difficult) and then save the relevant details in your jNewsticker settings page. The documentation has step by step instructions on page 8.
1.1.7 – February 15, 2013
1.1.6 – December 15, 2012
- Wordpress 3.5 compatibility fix
1.1.5 – November 16, 2012
- Bug fix for the Twitter data source, ensuring that HTML characters are correctly handled by the parsing script
- Further improvements to caching and feed fetching for Facebook, RSS and Twitter data sources
- Fixed a bug that caused the excerpt length value to be ignored for Facebook, RSS and Twitter data sources
1.1.3 – October 18, 2012
- Improved caching and feed fetching for Facebook, RSS and Twitter data sources
1.1.2 – September 24, 2012
- Data source cache is cleared when the news ticker’s settings are updated
1.1.1 – September 11, 2012
- Fixed bug leading to broken links within free form news item
- Fixed problem with RSS feeds not updating in certain cases
1.1 – August 29, 2012
- Added free form data source for entering your own custom news items
- Added filter to set whether parsed Twitter links (ie. links to hashtags or user profiles) are opened in a new window
- Fixed problem occurring if maximum number of Twitter API calls per hour has been exceeded
- Fixed problem with parsed Twitter links when multiple are present inside the tweet
- Fix to bug preventing usage of multiple RSS, Twitter or Facebook feeds in the same news ticker instance
- Updated to the latest version of jNewsticker
1.0.7 – August 7, 2012
- Updated to the latest version of jNewsticker
1.0.6 – July 24, 2012
- Updated to latest version of jNewsticker
1.0.5 – July 16, 2012
- Added default ID parameter for shortcode, and corrected bug that would place news ticker incorrectly
1.0.4 – July 9, 2012
- Fix to jNewsticker script to better handle links in reveal animation
- Use post excerpt instead of content for excerpt variable
- Integrate news ticker Preview and Integration sections for easier implementation
1.0.3 – June 25, 2012
- Fix to bug affecting slide, scrolling and easing settings of the scrolling animation
- Fix to avoid fatal error when no author data is provided in an RSS feed
1.0.2 – June 16, 2012
- Fix to SimplePie bug affecting Facebook and RSS data sources
- Fix to minor bug noticeable in debug mode when deleting a news ticker or changing the skin
1.0.1 – June 15, 2012
- Cleaned up a few remnants left over from the testing phase. Fixed caching for Twitter and Facebook.
1.0 – June 14, 2012
- Hello world!