J.B.Weather (ver 2.0) is a simple widget for displaying weather conditions and forecast for places across the world.
- jQuery driven
- uses AJAX technology
- Search Bar
- Ability to set default location
- Ability to auto detect user location using HostIP service or its own integrated geoip database.
- Celsius or Fahrenheit units
- Kilometers or Miles units
- Displays today’s date, temperature, wind direction and speed, forecast for next 4 days
- Color or Black and White layout
- Has its own unique icons
- PHP cURL enabled or file_get_contents.
- PHP server is not blocking access to external sources (The Weather API in this case).
- PHP server has read/write permission to store the cache files in the widget folder (mkdir and file_put_contents).
- 28 March 2013
- API url has been changed.
- Added separate cache folder.
- The widget will make 3 attempts per 3 seconds to get data on ajax error.
- If the API return no data the widget will dump the full xml content for debugging purpose.
- Added option for days translation (through translate.txt file).
- Minor bug fixes.
NOTE:: You may need to obtain new API key if you already have one.
You may also like Weather Widget 2 for Wordpress