Weather Widget 2.0 is a simple widget for displaying weather conditions and forecast for places across the world.
- jQuery driven
- uses AJAX technology
- Search Bar
- Ability to set default location
- Ability to auto detect user location using HostIP service or its own integrated geoip database.
- Celsius or Fahrenheit units
- Kilometers or Miles units
- Displays today’s date, temperature, wind direction and speed, forecast for next 4 days
- Color or Black and White layout
- Has its own unique icons
- PHP cURL enabled or file_get_contents.
- PHP server is not blocking access to external sources (The Weather API in this case).
- PHP server has read/write permission to store the cache files in the widget folder (mkdir and file_put_contents).
Note: The Weather API is free of charge and does not require subscription.
Stay up to date!
You can also follow us on Instagram and soon on YouTube with video tutorials on how to install our plugins and scripts!
- 28 March 2013
- API url has been changed.
- Added separate cache folder.
- The widget will make 3 attempts per 3 seconds to get data on ajax error.
- If the API return no data the widget will dump the full xml content for debugging purpose.
- Added option for days translation (through translate.txt file).
- Minor bug fixes.
NOTE:: You may need to obtain new API key if you already have one.