J.B.News is a WordPress plugin (type widget) for displaying RSS Feeds. Requirements & Browser Support
J.B.News currently supports WordPress version 3.4 and above All modern browsers are supported, including: IE 8+, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Firefox.
- jQuery driven
- Uses Ajax technology
- Resizable (through the admin panel)
- Color customizable (through the admin panel)
- Unlimited number of RSS Feed links
- Switch between different RSS Feeds through the category list
- Adjustable total pages limit, characters limit and feeds per page limit
- Show/Hide RSS Media Thumbnails
- Can display RSS news from multiple sources at once
1) Go to your WordPress admin panel and navigate to Plugins -> Add New.
2) Click “Upload” and then “Browse”.
3) Select the archive “jbnews-for-wordpress.zip” and click “Install Now”.
4) Activate the J.B.Market News Widget plugin by clicking “Activate” button.
1) Go to your WordPress admin panel and navigate to Appearance -> Widgets.
2) From “Available Widgets” box click and drag “J.B.News” to the desired sidebar (at the right).
3) Set desired parameters and click Save.
Note:: You can place multiple RSS links in the RSS parameter field separated by comma.
Open file <Your WordPress Directory> / wp-content / plugins / jbnews / jbnews / categories / categories.txt
Assuming you want to add new category named BBC Top Stories, at the end of the file add the following line:
BBC Top Stories >> http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/rss.xml
Where “BBC Top Stories” is the title that will appear in the widget category list , “>>” separates the title and the rss link, and “http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/rss.xml” is the RSS link for widget to read.
- Fixed bug where the widget could break some theme layouts.
- Fixed bug where the widget could “lock” the Widget Section in the admin panel.
- Other minor bug fixes.