- Updated to jQuery 1.10.2
- Added “baseName” and “className” default options to ease plugin re-usage. (see included documentation for more information)
- Updated to jQuery 1.10.1
- Fixed Facebook “like” button bug
- Updated to jQuery 1.9.1
- Due to multiple requests, an option to not automatically hide the page’s scrollbar has been added.
- Keyboard events added (left/right = next/prev, up/down toggles thumbnail strip)
Update 1/21/13If you’ve recently upgraded to jQuery 1.9 and have previously purchased JackBox, an official update is now live and can be re-downloaded from your CodeCanyon downloads page. To update, replace the following files:
- Deploy Folder: jackbox/js/jackbox-packed.min.js
- Source Folder: jackbox/js/libs/jquery.address-1.5.min.js
- CodeCanyon Preview Folder: same file and path as source above
JackBox – A Responsive Lightbox with Real Social SharingJackBox was built with 2 goals in mind:
- Create a lightbox that worked on mobile devices, even smartphones. JackBox is “responsive”, which means it’s 100% compatible with responsive websites.
- Create a lightbox where every image, video and song can be individually shared. This means when someone “likes” one of your photos, when a friend clicks on the shared link, they’ll instantly be shown the exact photo that was originally shared.
- Responsive / Mobile Ready
- Retina Ready Graphics
- Share any item through Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Google+
- Deep-linking, every item has it’s own unique link
- Touch Swipe for Mobile Devices
- Genuine Fullscreen for Firefox and Chrome
- Group any items together and create item categories
- Youtube Video w/ Mobile Fallback
- Vimeo Video w/ Mobile Fallback
- Automatic Youtube and Vimeo thumbnail loading
- HTML5 Video w/ Flash backup
- HTML5 Audio w/ Flash backup
- Flash Video w/ Mobile Backup
- Load HTML Divs, iFrames and Google Maps
- A boatload of Custom Thumbnail Hovers and Tooltips
- CSS3 Preloader for smoother animation
- Optional gallery-style thumbnails
- Options to set the lightbox thumbnail width and height
- Optional item titles and descriptions
- Option to show the description info by default
- Option to start with thumbnails hidden
- Option to autoplay all videos either globally or individually
- Option to zoom smaller images automatically either globally or individually
- Option to preload graphics for a smoother lightbox experience
Easy SetupView Under the Hood
JackBox Makes Thumbnails Easy
- First, you have the choice to load a specific thumbnail of your choice.
- If none are chosen, and the lightbox item is a clickable thumbnail to begin with, JackBox will grab and resize that thumbnail instead.
- If these options aren’t available, JackBox will then attempt to grab the large version of the lightbox image and resize it.
- And as a last resort, JackBox will just use a default thumbnail of your choosing.
- Images, Video and Audio shown in the preview are not included in the download source and are for demonstration purposes only.
- Please note that several of the JackBoxFX are black and white to color transitions.
- Autoplay for video and audio is not available on mobile due to device restrictions.
- Mobile touch swipe functionality is only available for images.
- Fullscreen mode is not available for IE, Opera or Safari.
- On mobile devices the page behind the lightbox will scroll to the top.
- iframe scrolling is not supported on mobile devices
- Your server must support php in order for the social button feature to work properly.
- When sharing via Facebook, only the lightbox item’s link will get posted. Any image and title that gets posted will be explicitly chosen by Facebook.
- The Facebook “like” button is built to be a “like/unlike” button only. The traditional Facebook comment box is not supported.
- The graphics and icons are retina-ready, photographs are not.
- Support is not provided for older versions of jQuery and there is no guarantee that this item will work in older versions of jQuery.
- The WordPress version of this plugin can be purchased here.
- Experience with editing raw HTML
If you use a WYSIWYG editor to build your websites, JackBox is not for you
- A solid understanding of how a website’s folder hierarchy works.
- Experience with an FTP program such as Filezilla or CyberDuck
Photo And Typo Opener by Muko
App/Service/Product Promotion by JakubVejmola
Wedding Album by muratoz
Sliding Presentation by Webarteo
Company Timeline by DEM-G
One Fine Day by Symphony-of-Specters
Your Little Planet Corp by MusicPremium
Spring by SilverSnow
Soft Introduction by Webarteo
Got Joy by frozensatellite
PREVIEW IMAGE SOCIAL BUTTONS