“Is It Online?” is a simple and beautiful script which allows to start your own website monitoring service. Users can sign up and create their list of links for monitoring. Script checks status of URLs periodically. If server responses are changed (or server is down), users is notified about that by e-mail. In this way, they will know how reliable their hosting provider. Script has modern and secure admin panel where you can manage all registered users and their URLs.
- Check website status: monitor server responses and notify users about changes.
- Enable/disable user registration: administrator can enable/disable new user registration.
- Account activation: users must verify their e-mail to activate account.
- Reset password feature: user can reset password if he/she forgot it.
- Spam protection: registration goes through AJAX-requests to reject automatic robots.
- AJAX-ed interface: modern jQuery-driven interface.
- Secure admin panel: control everything through admin panel (try demo).
- PHP mail and SMTP supported: e-mails are sent either by
mail()or through SMTP-server.
- Easy to install: quick installation script.
DemoTry demo website. You can create new account or use demo account:
Admin Panel DemoTry admin panel:
- PHP version 5.2 or greater
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater
- CURL installed (most hosting providers have CURL installed)
- Cron Jobs (most hostings have it)
InstallationLet’s imagine that you have website
http://www.website.com/and you want to install script there.
- Create folder
is-it-online(use any other name) in root of your domain. Once created it can be reached by URL:
- Make sure that folder
0755; and all php-files have permissions
- Open URL
http://www.website.com/is-it-online/in browser and follow “Quick Installation” procedure.
- Go to admin panel and take “Cron URL” from “Settings” page (Cron URL looks like that:
http://www.website.com/is-it-online/cron.php?key=XXXXXXXX). Set cron job to run this URL.
How to set cron jobFor cPanel hosting:
- Sign in your cPanel.
- Find and click “Cron Jobs” icon.
- Add one of these commands:
/usr/bin/wget -O /dev/null -q http://www.website.com/is-it-online/cron.php?key=XXXXXXX
- Please contact your hosting provider and ask how to do that.