This is a Wordpress plugin to create as many maps as you want, with interactive and colored markers, continents, countries or regions.
(Check out the standalone non-wordpress version here)
Fully compatible with the brand new WordPress v4.4.2 and Visual Composer!
Show Different RegionsYou will be able to show hundreds of different kinds of maps, already included:
- A map of the entire world.
- A continent or a sub-continent. (Africa, Europe, Americas, Asia, Oceania and all their sub-continents)
- A country. (virtually all the countries in the world are included, featuring the most requested: USA, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Brazil, India, Australia…)
- A country divided by its regions.
- A state in the United States.
- The United States divided by metropolitan areas.
- A state in the United States divided by metropolitan areas.
Color Regions or add MarkersYou can add active colored regions to the map, and display them in 2 different ways:
- As Regions – It will color the whole region, for example a continent, subcontinent, a country, a country province, or a US state.
- As Markers -It will display a colored bubble in the chosen regions, that can be a city, a state or a country.
Add InteractivityYou can add interactivity to the active regions:
- A Tooltip- A tooltip will be displayed by default on hover with the information you provide.
CustomizableYou will be able to costumize the visual of your maps:
- Background color;
- Box border width and color;
- Inactive regions color;
- Individual colors for each active region;
- Markers size;
- Width and Height of the map;
Add the Maps anywhere on your websiteYou can use a shortcode to include the maps in posts, pages and even in sidebar widgets! You can also add the maps to your template, with a simple php function.
ResponsiveIf no width is specified it will load with the maximum width available in the container div. For example, it will load and adapt with different sizes for phones/ipads/laptops. However, after loaded it will not change size if you resize the window.
Since version 1.4 the plugin includes an option to make the maps fully Responsive. This will use jQuery to check if the window size changed and will redraw the map with the new available space. RESPONSIVE INTERACTIVE MAP EXAMPLE
Cross device and browser compatibleThe maps are built in SVG, no flash is used and therefore they will display in Mac products.
CSS Hacks made easyThere a few features that the Google Geochart API doesn’t provide by default, but the plugin provides a ‘Custom CSS Generator’ to help implement some features like hover colour change effect, implement font icons as markers, change border colour, among others.
Example of map using font icons from fontAwesome toolkit using some CSS tricks, available from version 1.7.3 released January 2016. Learn more about this technique.
Where to use it?This plugin is perfect for:
- Travel Websites – Create maps to display destinations and link to pages about a specific location
- Traveler Website – Display a map with destinations/countries visited
- Multinational Companies – Create maps of the cities/countries where they operate
- Small Companies – Show the location of the business in a country map
- NGO’s – Create maps of NGO projects around the world
- Infographics – Display simple to read maps with various information
- And much more other applications! Be creative!
Creative ExamplesCustom USA Elections Map
This plugin uses the powerful Google Geochart API which creates the SVG vector maps.
- Create Interactive World Maps with Wordpress – wpContent.co.uk
- WPNuggets – Interactive World Maps Plugin Review
- WPMU – 7 WordPress Map Plugins That Put The World At Your Fingertips
- Tripwire Magazine – 75+ Best WordPress Plugins – Want Unfair Advantage?
- Item Collection – Great for Politics
- Come creare mappe geografiche interattive e personalizzate (Italian)
«Absolutely love this plugin. Very easy to use and set up.
Highly recommended to anyone looking for a mapping solution! Great job.»
«This is the easiest to use plugin. I bought the plugin to use for a client’s site that does work all over the world. They wanted an easy way to display information about their work in different countries and this made my life so simple. Well worth the money and I’ll be back to purchase for any additional clients who need this type of functionality.»
«If anyone is thinking about buying this plug-in, don’t hesitate. It doesn’t get any better than this. If you think $18 is too steep, you’ve never struggled coding maps. This is such a time saver that I’d gladly have paid ten times the asking price. In fact, I’ve paid a pretty penny for software over the years hoping to save time and aggravation when it came to making interactive maps. Interactive World Maps is a gem.»