Hotspot is a plugin for easily adding annotations, text, or other stuff to an image, on the exact locations that you want. It’s an old concept with one exception. It comes with a powerful editor for precise drawing and positioning of the spots. You can also edit settings and see a preview of the final result!
One of the most powerful features of this plugin is the editor that it comes with. You don’t need to manually specify coordinates and dimensions of each spot on the image. It’s all visual – click to add a spot, or click and drag to draw a rectangle. Then dial the settings, click “Generate” and you will see a preview of the final result!
Different kinds of spots
Using the editor you can create four different types of spots – a simple circular “spot” with fixed width and height, a rectangular one for which you choose the dimensions, or an invisible version of each one.
This plugin is built from the ground up with flexibility in mind. For each individual popup box you can specify a fixed or fluid width, and a position of the box – top, bottom, left or right. All this gives you a lot of flexibility to build exactly what you need!
1.1.2 – Feb 21, 2015
- Fixed a bug where in some situations HTML entities would not get escaped.
- All elements for the map are now set to “box-sizing: content-box”
1.1.1 – Feb 20, 2015
- Fixed a bug that would cause the spots to disappear.
1.1.0 – Feb 11, 2015
- Added an option to choose a color for the rectangle and circle spots.
- Added CSS3 transitions to the mouseover state of the spots.
1.0.9 – Feb 9, 2015
- Fixed issues that could prevent images from uploading.
[08/01/2013] Version 1.0.4
- Fixed a bug which prevented HTML code entered in the “content” field to be displayed properly after saving.
[26/11/2012] Version 1.0.3
- Fixed a major bug that prevented the plugin from working for many people. Sorry for this nasty bug, it’s probably the reason for the drop in rating.