“What Does It Do?”The Google Drive As WordPress CDN (Content Delivery Network) Plugin automatically syncs your static files (like images) to your own Google Drive Account. From there the files are delivered to the users who visit your webpages. This reduces the load of your webserver and can decrease page load time as well.
“How Does It Work?”
„Why Do I Need It?“
WordPress 4.3Yes. This plugin is WordPress 4.3 ready!
Version historyThe current version is: 1.10.1 (Aug. 27, 2015) Click here for a full version history.
Please note that CodeCanyon sometimes is a little slow when it comes to reviewing updated items. To avoid this and to get updates quicker, please add your purchase code on the settings page of the item. You then get informed automatically when a new update is out and you also get the updated item delivered right within WordPress update process.
Notes:Please note the following:
- There is a limit on how many requests you can make to your own Google Drive. If you’re over quota, the plugin cannot upload anything anymore. Please read more about this on the Google Drive as WordPress CDN Plugin FAQ page (Question 8 ).
- You also need the latest WordPress version (3.5 and up) as well as PHP 5.3 working on your webserver.
- You should always use a caching plugin (like WP-Super Cache) because a CDN plugin does not cache anything. It just distributes files between several servers to reduce the load on the web server.
- The initial crawling and uploading process needs some resources on your web server. You may experiencing a slow website if you’re not using a caching-plugin AND you’re logged in. I recommend using a caching plugin like WP-Super cache to prevent this.
- I’ve recognized that Google sometimes sends a wait signal when delivering files from Google Drive. This is why some online load test tools will show a drop in pagespeed first. I don’t really know why this happens but it shouldn’t be too noticeable from the user’s point of view because when using CDN the browser is able to load more files at once and the load of the webserver gets reduced, too.
- Please read the Google Drive as WordPress CDN Plugin FAQ page to inform yourself about other limitations prior buying this plugin. Thanks!