Create fully responsive galleries fastly and with ease on your website. Global Gallery comes with three gallery layouts, four lightboxes ready to use and is designed to be visible on each device: whether you are using a retina MacBook or an Android phone.
News in 2.1 version100% multilanguage – Global Gallery now is completely translatable both in front and back-end. Plus it is WPML certified: create multilingual galleries won’t be a problem anymore!
Slider’s lightbox – a new button has been added to the slider to open the images into the lightbox that you are currently using. Everything has been studied to work seamlessly together and give users the best “image experience” possible. Plus now you can also set which functions to hide in the slider.
The 2.0 versionGlobal Gallery has been completely enhanced, almost all the code has been optimized and many new features has beed added. Here’s the best ones:
- Gallery Collections: Need a smart and clean way to display and categorize multiple galleries galleries? Now you can create gallery collections. Select, sort and manage the galleries to display with each collection. Finally insert them in your pages through the collections shortcode and decide if show the filters. Try a collection here!
- Images Slider: now you have a new way to display your galleries. A full responsive, slider with full control on width and height. Also this is highly optimized to run on mobile browsers with touch interactions.
You can manage each aspect, from the way images are displayed to the sliding effects, timings, auto-slideshow and the displayed elements. See the slider in action!
- Images direct link: simply choose a WP page to link or enter a custom URL. Linked images won’t be opened in the classic lightbox, becoming a nice way to manage the traffic in your website
- Easy sorting mode: manage a huge number of images won’t be a problem anymore. Using the “easy-sorting mode” the gallery builder will become compact, allowing you to sort everything seamlessly.
Unlimited responsive galleriesChoose if display your images with a classic gallery layout, a masonry one or with the new PhothoString one (see layout examples here).
Sort images, set the author, description and title. Finally, set the thumbnail center to display images always correctly. With Global Gallery you can make everything in few seconds!
Choose the images sourceWhy using only wordpress images? Global Gallery is ready to catch images from:
- Your Wordpress library
- Wordpress category posts
- Global Gallery albums (created via FTP)
- Flickr sets
- Instagram accounts
- Pinterest boards (latest 25 images)
- Facebook pages
- Google+ albums
- 500px users
See some galleries made with different sources images here
Automatic gallery creationDon’t want to lose time selecting images one by one? Global Gallery allows you to create a gallery only with a click. Images will be added automatically giving you the ability to choose if display titles, authors and descriptions. Set the interval on which the gallery is re-built. Everything is cached speeding up loadings.
Finally, choose if add images randomly and set a maximum images number for the gallery.
Why only one lightbox?Why forcing you to use a specific lightbox? Global Gallery comes with four lightboxes ready to use: Fancybox, ColorBox, PrettyPhoto and the brand new LCweb lightbox! Each one is customizable with ease with specific options! In particular, the LCweb lightbox brings new features as a 100% responsive capability and a fullscreen layout.
It is also mobile optimized and takes advantage of the touchswipe technologies to provide a great experience to any user!
Watermarking systemProtect your images disabling the right click and moreover with the Global Gallery watermark system.
Just choose wich image use, the opacity and the position.
You can choose if use watermarked images or not simply switching an option in the shortcode builder. Take advantage of the caching system to speed up the galleries loading.
Take a look to a watermark demo here.
1 Click fast setup, thumbnail effects and much moreare not familiar with web sizes, margins or colours?
No problem, you can apply 6 predefined styles with only one click. Of course once you’ve choosed a style you can customize it to create unique styles. Global Gallery comes also with two premium effects to apply to your thumbnails: grayscale and blur!
Everything is fully custimizable: set the overlays position and visibility, the thumbnail colours, borders, and much more!
Walkthrough VideosTo make the plugin easy for everyone, the documentation comes with detailed videos explaining each step necessary to setup and use Global Gallery:
- Main Settings
- First gallery creation w/ WP library
- Galleries with: WP categories, Flickr, Instagram
- Galleries with: Pinterest, Facebook, Google+, 500px
- Galleries with Global Gallery albums
- Automatic gallery creation
- Styling galleries
- Manage lightboxes
- Shortcode wizard
- Use a watermark
NotesPlease note that, obviously, the plugin requires a responsive theme to have a responsive behaviour.
The fetchable image number for socials depends on their rules.