Updating FormCraft to 2.0If you are updating your FormCraft plugin from a previous version to FormCraft 2.0, it is very important that you read this.
DocumentationThe download package does include the documentation, but I have also prepared a comprehensive online documentation.
Illustrative List of Features
- Amazing new fields (smiley rating, star rating, thumb rating, sliders, range, date …)
- Over 23 fields, in all
- Retina-optimized images for fields
- Responsive forms
- AJAX-powered form interface. Send forms without re-loading the page
- Form validation
- Auto-save form data for the end-user
- Conditional laws to show or hide fields, set email recipients, set redirection path
- File uploader with support for multiple files
- Embed maps, videos and other widgets
- Export and Import forms across different installations of FormCraft
- Free online form template gallery
- Form analytics in WordPress
- Different ways to show forms (popup, slide up, fly in, widget)
- Drag and drop, GUI form builder
- Get all submissions in your inbox
- Search through all submissions content
- Access all submissions and uploaded files from the WordPress admin
- Create multi-column layouts with the click of a button
- Get all submissions in your inbox, with attachments for uploaded files
- Customize email body for notification
- Send auto-responders
- Comprehensive documentation
- Compressed form data
- Dedicated form page
What’s New in 2.0
- Re-designed dashboard.
- Re-styled forms.
- Re-designed popup, fly-in, and sticky forms; now with improved and more snappy animation.
- Improved form builder performance for the back-end as well as the front end.
- Reduced the number and size of files loaded with the plugin.
- Math logic.
- Ability to search through form submissions.
- Improved conditional logic: now specify multiple fields, separated by comma; conditionally set emails and redirection path
- Improved file upload field, with more validation, better styling.
- File uploads now appear as attachments in email notifications.
- Adding a reset button in text field now works.
- Improved captcha – easier to read, and less conflict.
- Use Google Fonts with the forms
- New and simpler way of using the FormCraft widget to add forms.
- Better IE compatibility.
- Conditional logic can now be used with the slider field.
- Overhauled the email sending back-end.
- New form themes.
- Ability to bind the popup forms to existing elements on the page, without having to modify the elements.
- Alphabetic and alpha-numeric validation now accepts spaces.
- Custom styling for dropdown fields.
- New method of adding options to checkboxes, radios, and dropdowns. The new method is far more easy, and allows for changing the order.
- Radios, checkboxes, and dropdowns can have labels different from their values.
- Custom styling for dropdown fields.
- Multiple forms with the same ID can now be used on the same page.
- Multiple instances of popup forms can now be used on the same page.
- Multiple file-upload fields can now be added in one form.
- No conflict mode to resolve issue where the theme tries to force styling on radios and checkboxes.
- Ability to prevent multiple submissions from the same device.
- Removed BootStrap as a dependency. Result: less conflict, more speed.
- Ability to change the number of rows for multi-line text fields.
- Added Password field.
- Style sheets are now loaded in the header.
- Ability to customize the email body for notifications.
- Support for TLS, and custom ports for SMTP email method.
- Changed the charting library. Result: faster loading speed, better charts, and works when not connected to the internet
- You can now specify date-range to see analytics for a particular period.
- Improved date-picker field.
- Made the uploaded files more secure.
SupportPlease check out the FAQ section first to see if your query has already been answered http://ncrafts.net/formcraft/docs/faqs
If you have a general query, you can use the comment section of the plugin.
If you are having issues with the plugin on your WordPress installation, please use the form on my profile page to directly contact me.
Form TemplatesVisit our online form template gallery.
Multi-SiteFormCraft retail license is not compatible with multiple sites in a WordPress Multi-Site installation. If installed in a WPMS installation, it works on the main site.
- Campaign Monitor
Read our integration guide
InstallationIf you are having trouble installing the plugin, click here for a step-by-step guide to installing plugins on WordPress.
UpdatesHow to Update Without Losing Data
Note: Updates can make some important changes to the form styles. After over-writing the plugin files of the new version with the old one (do not delete the formcraft dir or the old files; simple overwrite them), check all your forms. If the styles are off at some places, go to the form builder, remove, and re-add those fields.
Note: If you are updating from a previous version to 2.0+, plead read this.
Version 2.0.6 (21st August, 2014)
- Bug fix: Better html tag filtering for input fields
- Bug fix: Fly in forms weren’t showing up in some cases
- Bug fix: Line breaks in emails
- Bug fix: PDF extension fix for file upload field
- Bug fix: Uppercase extensions fix for file upload field
Version 2.0.5 (2nd August, 2014)
- Security fix: File upload now uses an exhaustive list to determine which files can be uploaded
Version 2.0.4 (22nd July, 2014)
- Bug fix: smiley, star, and thumb tap issue on iOS
- Bug fix: GetResponse bug fix
- Bug fix: added custom error message for alphanumeric validation errors
- Bug fix: multi-line text field values not showing line breaks in emails
Version 2.0.3 (25th June, 2014)
- New Feature: GetResponse Integration
- Bug fix: multi-column layouts weren’t working on some forms
- Bug fix: test emails were not being sent when sender details were left blank
- Bug fix: submission text was breaking on some PHP installations where UTF-8 wasn’t the encoding type
- Bug fix: datepicker language issue
Version 2.0.2 (16th June, 2014)
- Performance improvements: less files are loaded; total size of files is reduced; backend performance improvements.
- Bug fix: styling conflict fix for the admin screen, and popup form
- Bug fix: views and submissions sometimes shows 1, instead of 0
- Bug fix: smiley field did not always work as expected
- Bug fix: background color for popup button
- Bug fix: added Honeypot by default
- Bug fix: fixed a caching issue which was breaking some forms
Version 2.0.1 (7th June, 2014)
- Bug fix: sender name and email
- Bug fix: CSS conflicts
- Bug fix: Incompatibility with certain PHP settings
Version 2.0 (6th June, 2014)
- Read What’s New in 2.0 above
Version 1.4.6 (9th May, 2014)
- Bug fix: WP 3.9 conflict on some installations
- Bug fix: Date fields conflict
- Bug fix: Emails failure with long emails
- Bug fix: Multiple confirmations being sent
Version 1.4.5 (26th April 2014)
- Bug fix: Missing subject
- Bug fix: iOS6 touch issue
- Improved dashboard styling
Version 1.4.4 (18th April, 2014)
- Bug fix: Submissions pagination
- Bug fix: Hidden field not submitting
- Bug fix: Email subject
- Bug fix: Captcha not accepting correct value in some cases
- New: Textarea field now supports line breaks
Version 1.4.3 (3rd March, 2014)
- Bug fix: iPad selection issue
- Bug fix: Required * for placeholder fields
- Bug fix: Compulsory hidden fields don’t trigger errors now
- Bug fix: Screen freezing on deleting submission
- Bug fix: Countries are now in alphebetic order
Version 1.4.2 (9th Feb, 2014)
- New Feature: you can now add form variables in Sender Name, Sender Email, and email subject for notifications
- Bug fix: showing / hiding multi-column fields
- Bug fix: a JSON parsing issue which rendered some areas of a few forms un-editable
- Bug fix: modal compatibility issue in the FormCraft admin panel
- Bug fix relating to the feature ‘Send a Copy of Submission to this Email’
Version 1.4.1 (13th Jan, 2014)
- Thumb, and Choice Matrix selection fix
- IE 7,8 Quirks mode fix
Version 1.4 (29th Dec, 2013)
- Reduced the plugin package size by more than 50%
- Added the 24H option for the timepicker
- Big speed boost in loading the FormCraft admin page
- Better performance of animations when using conditional logic. Animations should be faster, and with a higher frame-rate
- Better responsiveness of forms
- Overhauled the captcha back-end. Fixes numerous issues.
- Form submissions are now loaded via ajax, providing for better scalability, and easier navigation
Version 1.3.7 (6th December, 2013)
- File upload bug fix
Version 1.3.6 (3rd December, 2013)
- Submissions show the URL of the form
Version 1.3.5 (18th Nov, 2013)
- Several changes to improve the performance of the form builder
- CSS changes for better compatibility with themes
- Changes in the auto-save feature to improve performance, and increase in default auto-save interval
- Made the captcha field case-insensitive
Version 1.3.4 (4th Nov, 2013)
- New feature: Templating in auto-responders. Read more here
- Change in email notification settings for better compatibility
- Bug fix: other small bug fixes
Version 1.3.3 (5 October, 2013)
- Bug fix: delay in updating datepicker
- Bug fix: CSS and font conflict fix
- Bug fix: multiple email recipients fix
Version 1.3.2 (26th September, 2013)
- New feature: ability to export and import forms across installations of FormCraft
- New feature: free online form template gallery
- Bug fix: stuck ‘save’ button on the add-ons panel
- Bug fix: icon conflict fix
- Bug fix: sending test emails to multiple recipients
Version 1.3.1 (21st September, 2013)
- Improved email layout
- Improved date-picker
- Bug fix: cog stuck on submit
- Bug fix: placeholders for date and time field
- Bug fix: placeholders on mobile
- Bug fix: math captcha
Version 1.3 (11th September, 2013)
- New feature: use of tooltips for instructions in the form, instead of plain text
- New feature: improved functionality for popup, sticky, and fly in forms
- New feature: ability to print form submissions from the FormCraft admin
- Improved formatting of email notifications for submissions
- Fixed a styling conflict with WordPress 3.6 affecting checkboxes and radios
- Numerous other bug fixes, and small styling enhancements
Version 1.2.1 (24th August, 2013)
- Formatting bug fix
Version 1.2 (23rd August, 2013)
- AWeber integration
- Campaign Monitor integration
- Improved email notification formatting
- New features and options for the datepicker
- Option to use SSL for emails (fix for users having a problem using their Gmail account to send emails)
- Fix: overlapping text for checkboxes and radios
- Other small bug fixes
Version 1.1 (13th August, 2013)
- MailChimp integration
- MyMail integration
- Significantly reduced download package size
We also have an online form builder solution