Advanced Multi-User PHP File Manager & AJAX Uploader
Upload, edit, manage, zip and share files and folders. Multiple user accounts with private folders and permissions.
- Upload multiple files simultaneously with Ajax and manage them online
- Drag&Drop files to start upload
- Copy, move, rename, create, edit or delete online files and folders
- Create archives with zip or unzip and decompress files online
- Hierarchical Treeview
- Search files and folders
- Preview images in gallery mode
- Multiple user accounts + guest account
- User registration & password recovery
- Adjustable read/write/upload permissions for each user
- Admin interface for managing user accounts
- Home directories for each user or default directory if not specified
- Choose whether to store users inside mysql database or a single json file
- Sending file links via email (php mail() or smtp)
- Google goo.gl url shortener for email links
- Very fast and user-friendly interface
- Translatable interface with a single language file
- Full source code included, flash free, highly configurable
*Note: Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 and earlier does not support multiple file upload, drag&drop uploads and real-time progress bar.
System Requirements & Compatibility
- PHP Versions 5.2 or higher + Apache. Consult your server administrator or hosting provider about this.
- Browsers: Microsoft IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10, Firefox, Chrome, Safari.
- Operating Systems: Windows or Linux
Note that PHP5 has issues with file system encoding – special characters in filenames and folders may not work correctly on all systems. (e.g. filenames with Russian or Greek letters)
If you want to host this script at HostGator use the coupon code “interactive32” to receive 20% discount.
If you want to host this script at DreamHost use the coupon code “interactive32” to receive free domain registration and $20 discount.
InstallationThe installation of FileGator is very simple. Copy all files to server, login as admin and add one or more users and you are ready to go. Note that web server must have read/write permissions to config/ and repository/ folders.
If you want to use mysql database to store your users then update configuration.php file and create table with database.sql script.
SupportLimited support is available ONLY on fresh installations, with a default configuration options and if all system requirements are met. Support and help is NOT available if you want to use repository folders outside default installation folder or if you changed or customized any original filegator file.
Before you post any question please read this extensive FAQ as you may find your answer there.
For all customization related questions please join this group: http://live.socialstrap.net/filegator and post your question there. You may find other users and developers in this group willing to help. By building strong community this product can develop much faster and provide better support.
You can contact me via email Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (Central European Time), I will try to answer your questions immediately but it may take 1-2 business days.
LanguagesThe new version of FileGator v3 includes a single language file and can be easily translated. If you wish to help and translate it to your language you can download a file from here: http://file-gator.com/gator/languages.zip
Send me your language file and your name will be credited at the top of new translation file.
Currently available languages: English, French, German, Dutch, Russian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Persia, Serbian, Romanian, Korean, Finnish
LicensingIf you are planing to charge end users for file-related services based on this script then consider buying Extended license since Regular License does not permit this. For more info on licensing visit this link: http://codecanyon.net/licenses
Beta FeaturesI built a simple cron job php script which can help setting storage limits per each home directory. You can download it from here: http://file-gator.com/gator/cron.zip.
FileGator successfully tested with nginx 1.2.8 & php-fpm (04/2013)
Note: Beta Features are released for developers and testing purposes. Please back up everything before trying beta features and please send some feedback. Thanks.
- FileGator – Advanced PHP File Manager http://www.file-gator.com/
- TimeCase – Time Tracking Web App http://www.timecase.net/
- SocialStrap – Social Networking Platform http://www.socialstrap.net/
Updates (current v4.2 09/13/2013)
NEW: database support for storing user accounts, sign up functionality, password recovery, translations, file search and filter, preview images
UPDATE: new features – sending links to email, admin interface included