How can I increase maximum upload file size?
This is controlled by web server and PHP settings inside php.ini file.
Follow these steps to increase maximum upload file size to 200MB:
1. Locate your php.ini file. On windows look into c:\Program Files\php\ or c:\xampp\apache\bin\ or simply search for php.ini. Sometimes there are two or more php.ini files (on some xampp installations) so you must figure out which one is used.
2. Inside php.ini file set parameters to something similar:
upload_max_filesize = 200M ;this is 200 Megabytes post_max_size = 205M ;this must be greater then upload_max_filesize
3. Restart your web server to apply new settings. Don’t forget this!
4. Change FileGator index.php config file around line 64:
'max_filesize' => 209715200, // This is 200 Megabytes
5. Refresh page in your browser and you’re done.
Here is a good link to explain this more deeply.
Note: If you don’t have your own server consult your hosting provider about this.
If you’re stuck with your server’s config you can enable ‘upload in smaller chunks’ feature as described here: http://codecanyon.net/item/filegator/3041013/faqs/16792
(On Microsoft IIS requestFiltering settings can sometimes block large file uploads)