You already know that WordPress has such feature as “Featured image”. It allows to add specific image to posts and pages. Featured Audio is a plugin that inherited all the best from featured image functionality. As you can see from the title, the plugin allows to set featured audio for each posts and pages. As a result this audio will be available for your visitors through powerful HTML5 audio player. You can decide how to display audio player. There are 5 different options for that. Add new feature to your website and make it unique with Featured Audio plugin.
- Featured audio: plugin adds featured audio functionality to posts and pages.
- HTML5 audio player: featured audio is handled by powerful HTML5 audio player.
- iPhone, iPad, Android and WP7/8 devices supported: player works with any mobile devices.
- Flexible positioning: audio player can be positioned with 5 different ways.
- Autoplay option: start playing audio once post page opened.
- WordPress Media Library: all audio files are stored in WordPress native media library.
- Old browser supported: for old browsers player is switched to flash/silverlight mode.
- Support major audio formats: mp3, wav, ogg, etc.
- Custom post types supported: add featured audio to any post type.
- Easy to install: install and activate the plugin as any other plugins.
- Translation ready: plugin might be translated to any language.
- Built using WordPress best practices: no any alerts from Plugin Check.
Installation1. Install and activate the plugin.
2. Go to post/page editor, set featured audio and configure audio player (view screenshot below).
That’s it! Enjoy using the plugin.