Fancy News is a jQuery plugin that lets you create an outstanding news slider. It´s highly customizable and very easy to use. You can add umlimited of news with thumbnails. If the post is longer than the height of the main area, a cool scrollbar will be added automatically. You can also load your own RSS feed.
Updates2.0 – 29.1.2013
- Better semantic HTML
- Infinite Loop
- Now it also supports vertical scrolling
- Links on preview elements for self-written articles
- Callback function that will be called when the list is created
- Stop auto-scrolling when switching to another window/tab
- Now working for IE9, when you have an older version than 1.3, just download the latest jquery. It was a jQuery bug that it didnt work in IE9.
- Set the target window by yourself.
1.2 – 5.March 2011
- Now you need no more php for loading the RSS feed, because some users had problems with loading the RSS feed, I find a better solution for it, which will load your feed definitly as long as it´s really a RSS feed.
- Spy Effect, which lets your posts automatically scroll. You can set the time for it in the options.
- More comments in the code, which explain each style sheet in the CSS and improved documentation.
1.1 – 13.February 2011
- Load an external or internal RSS feed. Could be also a feedburner link. So you can use it with wordpress.
- Multiple usage in one site
Using SimplePie Library to display images from FeedsBecause I got some much questions how to display images from a RSS feed, I would like to point you to the SimplePie library. With help of this library you can create the HTML for Fancy News. So instead of adding the Feed Link in the option of the plugin, you add it to a SimplePie Reference.
It also enables you to use ATOM feeds and you can merge feeds from different site to one HTML output.
To get started with it, please check out this site:
SimplePie Tips, Tricks, Tutorials, and Screencasts
Third-party plugins used in this plugin