Fanciest Author Box is a WordPress plugin developed by ThematoSoup. It’s long list of features allows you to give identity to your single or multi-author WordPress blog.
This premium author bio plugin is very easy to use and customize. Right after installation the author bio is, by default, enabled on all your posts, pages and custom post types. You can also implement it as a widget in your sidebars, as a template tag or manually using a shortcode. It’s translation ready and users color pickers which allow you to set your own color scheme.
Social widgets are a nice asset that let you present yourself in a more personal manner and enable people to connect with you easily.
Receive latest updates via your email. Subscribe for our Mailing List.
- Template tag
- Translation ready (see how you can translate it to your own language)
- Ability to set your own color scheme using color pickers
- Random author option for widgets
- Automatically added before or after (or both!) your posts, pages and custom post types
- Option to show it in your RSS feads
Widgets for Major Social Networks
- Twitter bio, latest tweet
- Facebook like & subscribe
- Google+ add to circles button & rel=author verification (read FAQ section)
- LinkedIn widget
- Custom HTML tab
Join our mailing listKnow when your premium plugin gets new features and updates. Subscribe via email and stay tuned.
InstallationFirst, you need to unpack the content of the folder you downloaded from CodeCanyon and open fanciest-author-box folder. After you do this there are two ways of installing the plugin.
1. FTP Upload: Using your FTP program, upload the non-zipped plugin folder fanciest-author-box into /wp-content/plugins folder on your server.2. WordPress Upload: Navigate to Plugins > Add New > Upload and choose the zipped plugin folder fanciest-author-box.zip
UpdatingIt’s the same as installing a plugin via FTP. Just overwrite the fanciest-author-box folder in your /wp-content/plugins directory. Your settings will remain unchanged.
Support PolicyPlease follow this troubleshooting guide if you experience any anomalies.
1. Conflicts & Bugs
- Make sure WordPress, theme, framework and plugins are up to date
- Disable all plugins and check if the issue still exists
- Switch to the default WordPress theme and check for the issue (If the problem disappears, then your theme is responsible and you need to contact theme developer)
- Empty your cache
2. Read the Plugin Documentation
- You can find it in the zipped folder you downloaded from CodeCanyon
- FAQ section on the CodeCanyon sales page
3. Submit a Ticket
- Be specific
- If your question relates to a specific site or page, please provide a link to it
- Make sure your website is viewable or provide login info so that we can take a look
ChangeLogHuge thanks to people who suggested improvements and made the plugin even better.
- User count check added to FAB widget, so sites with huge number of users don’t cause it to break
- CSS updates
- Facebook Widget fix
- Minor bug fixes
- Fixed Facebook widget not showing in Firefox
- Bug fixes
- Added option to manually change execution priority where Fanciest Author Box wouldn’t display, because of possible conflicts with other plugins
- Improved Twitter caching
- Updated Twitter API
- Minor bug fixes
- Added LinkedIn tab with Member Profile Plugin
- Added option to show icons only in tabs
- User profile fields now not shown for Subscribers
- Switched Facebook widgets from iframe to HTML5 – improves performance
- Added name linked to Facebook profile for Subscribe widget
- Improved custom tab, allowing admin to make it possible for users to override custom tab content only or both title and content (Thanks to Kimberly Castleberry)
- Added RTL support (credit: Metude)
- Added random author option to widget (credit: Indie-Film Moonworks)
- Added Latvian translation (Thanks to Klavs Petersons)
- Added simplified author box to RSS feeds (credit: Katie Orr)
- Improved Twitter fallback, when Twitter API returns nothing
- Bug fix – overridden photo (via uploader) was showing only in bio tab
- Added “+FirstName LastName” heading with rel=author to Google tab for author verification
- Added custom HTML tab. Thanks to http://codecanyon.net/user/oakland
- Added option to disable Fanciest Author Box for individual posts, pages and custom posts using ‘ts_fab_hide’ custom field. Credit goes to http://codecanyon.net/user/stscorer
- Added Photo URL field to user profiles, if it has value, that URL will be used to override Gravatar image, if left empty Gravatar will be used. Suggested by http://codecanyon.net/user/candidhams
- Added option to choose between Subscribe (for profiles) and Like (for pages) Facebook button. Thanks http://codecanyon.net/user/Suicide