Welcome to “Estro” a super smooth jQuery slider plugin by pixelentity. “Estro” meaning “creativity”, “talent” or “inspiration”, in Italian, is a fitting monicker for this beautiful slider. For the design of this slider we wanted to create a price of work which could form the centerpiece of your next web project. A starting point, who’s design and execution would inspire you and supercharge your work.
This slider includes a smooth and powerful Ken Burns effect which is completely configurable and compatible with all major browsers (including ie7 to ie9, Firefox Chrome, Opera, Safari) and mobile platforms like iphone / ipad. If the Ken Burns effect is not your thing, that’s OK because the “Estro” slider also includes a 2-way “Swipe” mode with configurable transitions.
Multiple customized slider instances can happily live on the same page, and the slider offers a simple API to control the slider’s behaviour from within your custom scripts.
To drastically reduce page loading times, lazy loading can be activated on a per image basis, so that images will only be loaded right before they need to be shown.
If you have downloaded your copy of this item before the dates noted below, then your copy does not include that specific update. To avail of these free updates, please download the item again from your downloads page, and replace your previous version.Update Jul 27th 2011
Massive improvements for iphone/idev, additional video playback options for youtube/vimeo, general performance optimizations.
- A 5 time faster, super smooth, brand new rendering engine built for iphone/ipad
- Vimeo / Youtube iDevices compatible playback inside the component (html5/flash)
- Vimeo / Youtube auto jump to next slide on video playback end feature
- Youtube player using new dark skin
- SEO: select caption tag from h1, h2, h3, h4 or p
- General performance improvements for all latest major browsers
Component is now taking advantage of new YouTube/Vimeo iframe APIs for video playback, both libraries are currently heavily developed by google/vimeo so this may lead to some small browser inconsistencies
IE7 lacks inter frame communication so auto jump to next slide on video end feature is not available on this browser.
- Added inner controls option (all skins)
Update May 13th 2011
- Added work around to prevent the shadow from falling behind a parent div’s background image/color in certain configurations
- Added lightbox integration on non-video slides
- Fixed bug which prevented hyperlinks from working on non-video slides
What The Buyers Are Saying
“I couldn’t resist this gorgeous slider5 stars, keep up the great work!” -iriemans
“Thanks for prompt help on these issues. Great customer service for those reading comments and looking to buy this script.” -adb2323
“Thanks so much for this wonderful slider! It was a delight to work with it and the api is simply awesome! Keep them coming!” -RubenBristian
“I have been using a flash based image viewer for over 7 years on my website as no jQuery had up to now come close. But this is perfect, easy to install with great documentation, looks very professional and works a treat.” -deanbsays
“A real work of art… Without doubt the best looking slider and slider interface I’ve ever seen.” -francomusso
“Brilliant piece of work, easily understandable even for a noob like me! Within 15 minutes i got it up and running thanks to your “tutorial” which is really excellently written:) It comes as no surprise that this is the most popular one on CC…” – dekennosays
- Crossbrowser pure JS/CSS implementation.
- Ken Burns or Swipe transition modes available.
- Multiple instances allowed in a single HTML page.
- Slides uses only valid HTML5 markup (SEO optimized)
- Works on mobile (iPhone, iPad – iOS 4.3)
- Supports inline YouTube / Vimeo videos + app redirects on iOS devices (Youtube)
- Optional animated popup preview thumbnails, including a Ken Burns transition.
- Easily resizable.
- Compatible with external fonts (like Google fonts)
- Integrated animated circular timer.
- Includes 4 ready to use skins.
- Easily customizable via CSS file.
- Custom per slide timeout and animation settings.
- Optional lazy loading of images for faster loading.
- Includes all required photoshop files to make a custom skin.
- Comprehensive browser based documentation covering integration, customisation of the slider as well as custom skin creation.
Design and development of Estro by pixelentity.