VERSION 1.5 IS OUT!
Easy User Fields is a WordPress plugin that helps you create extra user meta fields by user roles. That’s simple: if you have more than one user in you WordPress install you need this plugin. Why? Because it’s so important to qualify your users that you have to keep in mind that all major companies collect hundreds of informations about everyone... and you have to do the same. This is what this plugin is about: collecting informations on you users for you to know who your users are. The more you know them, the more you can satisfy them. The new Qualification Rate function tells you how well you know your users giving them a qualification rate (difference between available fields and not empty fields), and now you can display every field with a shortcode in any page or post! For sure, this plugin will become your new marketing tool!
New! Now with upload field !
- Create shared user fields for every roles!
- Create disabled fields!
- SHORTCODE for every field, to display them easily in every page or post!
- QUALIFICATION RATE to know how much data you collected about a user!
1 – Classify your user by roles
First of all, with Easy User Fields, you can add as many user roles as you want: client, blogger, prospect, etc… That’s the first step to re-arrange your users database.
2 – Create custom fields by roles
For each roles you have created you can now create as many custom fields as you want in order to determine the informations you need/want to know about each user. You can create hidden fields that frontend users won’t see (for example a commercial comment), and you can also choose to make a field required. There are 7 types of fields you can create: title, text input, textarea, select, checkbox, multicheck, upload fields and radio buttons. Re-ordering fields is made simple by a little drag n’ drop function.
3 – Let users modify their informations (or do it yourself)
Then, simply insert a shortcode in any page, and a form will be available to frontend users. They will be allowed to modify their informations, and your data will stay up to date! Of course you can also manage every users informations directly inside the WordPress administration.
4 – Administration
Restrict access to administration – In settings, you can decide to give access to the administration or to disable it. There are many options that you can customize (minimum level required, redirection url, etc…)
Include custom fields in users search – Still in settings, you can choose to add the custom fields you create inside the user search function… or not… set your own configuration!
Testimonials – What buyers said
mordauk – “Damn, this is sexy!” – Pippin’s Plugins
Damn, this is sexy. Remi, also just wanted to tell you that I just about jumped out of my chair in glee when I went through your code. I see so many poorly coded plugins that is makes so, so happy to see how you have done. You’ve done it the way it should be done. And I love how you used custom post types for this.
vaevictus – “This app is 100% worth every penny”
This app is 100% worth every penny. I look forward to future developments.
InstallationThe installation process is very simple. Just like with any other Wordpress plugin you will have to follow through the steps below :
- Log in to your Wordpress administration panel
- Click Add New in the Plugins menu on the left side
- Click on the Upload link at the top of the page
- Locate and upload the plugin zip archive
- After the package is uploaded and extracted, Click Activate Plugin
Change LogV1.6 – 08/30/2013
- Removed buggy updated
- Added support quick link
- Updated WP 3.6 compatibility
- Added upload field type
- Fixed minor bugs
- Fixed $wpdb->prepare() for WordPress 3.5 compatibility
- Added plugin updater
- modified configuration link in general options page
- added hooks:
- added “disabled” optional attribute to fields
- added shared fields (fields applied to ALL roles)
- When creating a new field or a new entry, the entry was at the top of the table, it’s now at the end.
- New feature: User Qualification Rate function, to know how much data you collected on a user
- New feature: Creation of a shortcode for every field so that you can easily display every field in a post or in a page
- Initial Release