Easy Upload Renamer Plugin for WordPress
Automatically rename your media files and attachments as you upload them to WordPress! Eliminate one step from your image workflow letting the Easy Upload Renamer create pretty, SEO optimized filenames for you.
- Add your blog name to all your uploads! For the users who dowload your photos or see them on Google Image Search, your blog name is included in the file name.
- Get human-readable pretty file names for your images and attachments. Instead of
image0001.jpgyou’ll have easy-to-read filenames such as
- Great for SEO purposes! Search engines love meaningful file names.
- Save yet another step: You can choose to automatically set the attachment title to match the new file name.
- Easily locate your files afterwards in the media library: all your files now meaningful, understandable names, and you’ll know in which post you used them.
- The rename options and plugin behaviour are configurable to your tastes. You can choose to rename all attachments or only photos.
How to Use This Plugin
1. Create a post or a page and give it a title
2. Upload a file…
3. ...wait for your upload to complete…
4. Your file name and title now match the post!
Customize the Plugin for Your Needs
- You can choose to rename only your image uploads or have the plugin rename all your uploads.
- Enter a text that you want to put in the beginning of your upload filenames, for instance the name of your blog. (This is called the prepend string.)
- You can choose to use either ’-’ (a dash) or ’_’ (an underscore) as a separator symbol between the parts of the filename.
- If you don’t want to rename your files using the title, you can disable it and use only the prepend string functionality.
- The plugin can be set to give an error if the post or page has no title (or the title is not acceptable as a file name for the upload).
- This plugin can also set the Title attribute of the uploaded file.
- You can choose to have the Title attribute of an uploaded file to be the same for every attachment (e.g. “The Post Title”) or to include a number matching the attachment (e.g. “The Post Title 1”, “The Post Title 2” and so on).
How to Install
You can install this plugin manually by FTP upload (putting the plugin folder directly on your server) and activating the plugin at the WordPress plugin screen, or you can use the semi-automatic WordPress admin panel upload method.
Simple step-by-step installation instructions are in the
readme.txt file included in your download.