devZor.project is the only to-do list a developer ever needs ! It gives you the freedom to manage your tasks in a different way. I’m sure you use (or used) allot of these task management solutions, but in my opinion they were always either too simple and feature-less or too advanced and hard to find your way around. I then created something different, something that focuses on the every day tasks of a developer and/or freelancer.
What does a developer working on a project every day?
- Completes Tasks
- Brain Storms, Writes Down Ideas
- Bookmarks Allot Of Links
- Reads Articles (maybe even Writes Articles?)
- Codes! (for the programmers)
- Reads RSS Feeds
If this was an online task management solution that allows HTML input, that input would be filtered before it goes into database. If this was a desktop application, you wouldn’t be able to input HTML at all.
That’s why this is an HTML5 Application!
Quick Feature Overview:You start devZor.project in Chrome/Safari (Firefox & IE are not supported), you install the application in two clicks, and here’s what you get:
- Per Project Management – You add your projects using the top-left box, and add new tasks/ideas/articles/code/feeds/links for each project. You can also use the No-Project category for adding things that don’t belong to a specific project.
- Tasks – Adding tasks has never been easier! I’m sure you are familiar with this application interface from Twitter or Facebook. Just click the “New Task” link, and type a task title, task content (NON-Filtered), start & due dates, and priority. You can then mark your task as completed when you … complete it! You also have a task-filter on the left, giving you control over what tasks are shown.
- Ideas & Articles – Almost the same as adding tasks, the only difference being in the input form. Here you add title, description (for articles), and the article/idea content. Fueled by HTML5 , you can also add videos & audio files to your content. If you are an html/css coder, feel free to style your content right there, in the markup editor, nothing is filtered and everything will be accepted.
- Code – Here you can add your quick code snippets. devZor.project comes with SyntaxHighlighter, allowing you to browse through your snippets just like you would in any online/offline snippet database. Just click the “code” button, type one of the listed programming languages in the popup, and paste your code. I’m sure you noticed, you can also add highlighted code to any task, idea, or article.
- Links – Bookmark your project specific links here! Instead of having 150 bookmarks in your browser, have only the daily bookmarks in your browser, and put the others in their project in devZor.project.
- Feeds – Just like the links, there are some RSS feeds we read only because we are watching for something that is connected to our project. Add them to your project, and load them when you want (and you are online).
- Search – Since this application is offline, the search is VERY fast. You type your search string, and as you type it, the page you are currently at is being filtered in split second. When you search, you are searching through what is currently displayed (tasks, articles, etc).
------- v1.1 ------- * Recursive Tasks Added. You can now select “Repeating Task” when add a task, and it will show up just like any other task, but when you click “Mark as Completed” it will show up again one month later. * Links descriptions problem fixed * “Tools” category added! For all those handy plugins. * Numerous bugs have been fixed
Browsers Supported?I have personally tested the application on Chrome 5, Safari 4, and Safari 5, didn’t notice any bugs. Mozilla Firefox is NOT supported (still no offline database in firefox), IE is also NOT supported.
That’s IT! Use this application to manage your development tasks YOUR WAY ! Customize every task you post, so the next time you see your task list, you smile.