You are a graphics designer, a programmer or anybody else who has to distribute files to his customers? Then Customer-friendly Download Login is right for you. It doesn’t need a database, so the setup ist very easy, just upload the files and be sure the PHP script has writing access.
A new user is created within two clicks, then you’re ready to upload your files – either via the built in admin interface (Drag’n’Drop support & AJAX Uploading!) or via FTP directly to the user’s directory. Now tell your client his username / password and he can start downloading his files. And only his! Because the download itself is handled via a PHP script, he will not be able to access the files of any other user.
And in case you don’t want to use the admin interface (e.g. security reasons – as an admin you can change everyone’s password) – you can set up a user via FTP , too. Just create a directory with the users name and put a file “data.txt” with the md5-encrypted password (generator included) inside. That’s it!
Live DemoTo login to the live demo, use this username / password (Editing has been disabled for security reasons):
- admin / admin (Admin Interface)
- Bob / pass (Regular User)
Want more?We finally released the long awaited extended version of Customer-friendly Download Login – Royal Downloads. It’s just $2 extra, and you get folders, user roles, multiple admins, users that can upload files, descriptions and more! Check it out: Royal Downloads
Changelog1.5.1 – 21th June 2012
- Fixed an error with the new file-delivery method
- Changed the method a file is delivered, this is one more secure to work because I sometimes got errors with really large files. Please write me an email if files get corrupted!
- Fixed the Quick Start Guide in the Documentation
- Fixed a little spelling error
- Fixed error “Catchable fatal error: Object of class User could not be converted to string”
- Implemented jQuery directly rather than including the supplied copy, fixes another issue
- Fixed an issue where the link in an email would be unusable with file names that contain special characters (e.g. spaces)
- Folder with general data that is avaible for all users
- Possibility to send an email to users when a new file is uploaded
- Fixed a bug where the users welcome text, full name & email would be resetted if he changes his password
- Customizable welcome text
- User can have a login name and a real name
- Cookie based Login (users stay logged in for two weeks)
- Fixed a weird issue in the Documentation; The first two steps were simply missing..
- Ajax Upload
- Drag’n’Drop Uploads
- Added Indicator for Max File Size
- Everything is object-oriented now
- Code is cleaner, better commented and easier understand
- Fixed critical bug where a user could download any file he wants (The name of the other user and the file name were guesswork, but it would have been possible)
- Fixed a bug where an undeletable user “htaccess” shows up in the admin panel.
- First release.