Chat with your visitors on your websiteVersion 1.3.2 – Changelog • Forums • Docs • Ideas
- Open source
- One-time fee (1 license = 1 website with life time updates)
- 50 users can chat at one time (i.e. 10 operators and 40 visitors) [?]
- Cute skin (fully customizable)
- Chat logs, of course
- Very clean code
- Fast and lightweight
- More than one operators can reply the same user’s question
- Visitors can fill out contact form when all operators are offline
- SSL support. All your and visitor messages will be encrypted
- WordPress 4.0 is tested
|Keep in touch!|
What’s new with CX 1.3* Chat communication is more stable
* “Email notifications” when new visitor is online (optional)
* New languages: Russian, Portuguese/Brazilian (Elena Prokofieva, Leonardo Fontoura)
* Shows visitors “Active Page”
* Uses PHP sessions by default
* New button: “Clean real-time data”
* A lot of improvements in the core and fixes
- Required form fields shows like “optional”. Here is the patch: http://goo.gl/QaaZZY
- WordPress 3.8 or newer version
- Free Firebase account
- Multisite feature is NOT supported
- There is no mobile app for CX yet. Operators must use WordPress admin panel to answer visitors
- You may have errors if site homepage is different from the directory you installed WordPress.
LicensingJust to remember, as you know that Regular License ($24) is for single-domain only (i.e. yourdomain.com). It is Envato sales policy. Besides, there is no additional costs and all CX updates will be free, of course. Learn more (Extended Licence and more)
- What is a concurrent chat?
- Performance of CX?
- Licensing and update/upgrading policy?
- What is difference between CX and LC?
- How to find purchase code?
- Firebase vs. AJAX
- Compatible with WPML? Yes.
CX uses Firebase (free) for realtime platform to make your chat faster and reliable. That means CX doesn’t use your own resources like other AJAX chats. Your all chat data stored on Firebase temporarily during chat communication. Besides, your data will be removed from Firebase and saved on your own server after ending chat. So you still keep your data in your server without using your server resources too much!
Chat can be ended by both visitors and operators. If visitor close window, chat is ended automatically.
We removed AJAX from CX and start to use Firebase, because:
- AJAX is slow and not realtime (even your server is really good)
- AJAX overloads CPU usage
- 50 concurrent chats is NOT possible with AJAX
- Chat should send request to server every second. While WP itself can overload CPU usage even it doesn’t use AJAX frequently, a chat script would overload CPU easily: WordPress heavy admin-ajax.php usage
- There is no way to build a mobile application with AJAX (it is possible but it will kill mobile battery if we do that with AJAX)
How it works?