Downloadable Content and Add-ons for Calendarize it!
With Calendarize it! version 2.0 we introduce Downloadable Content. When you enter your License Key in the Options Panel you will be able to access Downloads. You can download free add-ons like our new Visual CSS Editor and the Contexual Help for Calendarize it! as well as buy premium add-ons.
Event and Venue Layout Box Builder
With Calendarize it! 2.0 we introduce the Layout Builder for the Event and Venue Box. It makes it super easy to customize the layout and add custom fields as well as setup default templates.
Update the plugin directly from within WordPress admin
You can now update Calendarize it! for WordPress directly from within WordPress admin. All you need to do is enter your Item Purchase Code (License Key) in the Options Panel.
Easy Point and Click interface to add new events
It is easy to add new events with the “point and click” visual calendar interface in wp-admin. Click on the day, enter the start day/time and end day/time.
Preview when entering event in wp-admin (single event)
You will get a preview of the event in the calendar in the wp-admin.
Support for Recurring Events
Easily add recurring events: every day, every week, every 2 weeks, every month, every year, and if you select More Options you can choose to repeat events multiple times the same day, hour. You can also choose between settings like 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or last.
Support for Arbitrary Recurring Events and Recurring Events with Exceptions
With the release of Calendarize it! for WordPress version 1.2 it is now possible to create Arbitrary Recurring Events easily. First you create your recurring event and then you can repeat it when ever you want, including changing the time of the day when it repeats. You can also create Recurring Events and then easily remove specific dates (exceptions).
Show Individual Calendars per user in WordPress
You can easily display calendars for individual users in WordPress simply by adding a Shortcode with the username. You can also display events from multiple users by adding the id number of the user instead of the username.
Advanced Filtering (Custom Taxonomies)
Calendarize it! for WordPress supports Custom Taxonomies and by using these you can apply advanced filtering when viewing the Calendar in the front end. By default all events will be showing unless you have inserted a Shortcode with filtering. Click on a Custom Taxonomy and click “Apply filters”. You can add the filters in any combination. And click “Show All” in order to remove all filters.
Sidebar Widget for Mini Events Calendar
Insert a Mini Events Calendar widget in your sidebar. Apply advanced filtering with Custom Taxonomies. Choose between different jQuery UI skins.
Sidebar Widget for Upcoming Events
Insert a Upcoming Events widget in your sidebar. Apply advanced filtering with Custom Taxonomies.
Event List per day, per week, monthly
Switch directly from either Monthly, Weekly or Daily view to “event” and view all events from the Month, the Week or the Day.
Support for Custom Fields for Events
When creating your event you can easily add Custom Fields. Choose between three different types of Custom Fields: Custom, Taxonomy or Metadata.
Create and Manage Venues, Organizers and Calendars (Custom Taxonomies)
Assign events to specific Calendars, Organizers and Venues. Create detailed Venue page.
Support for Shortcodes
We have created 8 different Shortcodes that you can use with Calendarize it! From a very Shortcode to insert the calendar to more advanced Shortcodes that allow you to apply different filters.
Support for Custom Post Types
You can activate Calendarize it! for Custom Post Types including Posts and Pages. This means you can make these show as “events” in the calendar.
Support for Custom Capabilities
With Custom Capabilities you can customize who has access to the different features. Please notice that you need a Role and Capability Manager in order to use the Custom Capabilities. You can either use our White Label Branding for WordPress, which has a build in Role and Capability Manager, or try one of the free plugins available on the internet.
Customize Time and Date format
We have implemented comprehensive support for customizing the Time and Date format. You can completely customize the Time and Date format for the following views: month, week, day and event list. This also includes setting 12 hour or 24 hour time format .
Support for Events by User Role
If you have our Pages by User Role for WordPress plugin you will able to set the access to each event by User Role. You can either provide access or block specific user roles. This makes it possible to show one calendar, but depending on the visitors user role they will see different events in the calendar.
Detailed Event Page
Each event has a detailed Event Page where you can add information.
Detailed Venue Page
Each event has a detailed Venue Page where you can add information about the venue. Below the venue information we will display any upcoming events from the venue.
Google Map integration for Events and Venues
Both the Event Page and Venue Page supports Google Maps.
Support for internationalizationCalendarize it! for WordPress comply with the Codex for internationalization. This is a process of making an application ready for translation. In WordPress this means making strings which should be translated in a special way.
If you have our Easy Translation Manager for WordPress you can easily translate Calendarize it! for WordPress.
The following language versions are included with the plugin:
Version 220.127.116.11488 – October 29, 2015
- Bug Fixed: When Events does not have time postmeta detail box field is defaulting to some random field
- Bug Fixed: Crash in debug module
Version 18.104.22.168349 – October 27, 2015
- New Feature: Added the event_click attribute. It takes the following values “fc_click” or “fc_click_no_action”
- Update: Added the event_click option to the Calendarize Shortcode tab in the Options menu
Version 22.214.171.124307 – October 26, 2015
- New Feature: Added the fixed_title attribute and options or replacing event title (and hiding the time) in Month View.
- Bug Fixed: PHP warning in the recurring events dialog, when the first day option is not set
- Update: Added icons/fonts for additional Social Networks in the Social Connection module
Version 126.96.36.199186 – October 21, 2015
- New Feature: Added support for new attribute render_events. To be used in combination with the Match Background option (month_event_image=”0” matchbackground=”1” render_events=“0”). This will allow you to create a calendar showing vacant/occupied days.
Version 188.8.131.52178 – October 20, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Remove minimum height for tooltip.
- Compatibility Fix: Single Event Page is showing the Event Template title instead of the actual event title (Moose – Creative Multi-Purpose Theme from Themeforest.net, Item no. 12059290)
- Compatibility Fix: Added support for using Event Top Image from Calendarize it! as background image with event title on single Event Details Page (Moose – Creative Multi-Purpose Theme from Themeforest.net, Item no. 12059290)
- Compatibility Fix: Taxonomy Page is showing the Taxonomy Template title instead of the actual Taxonomy term name (Moose – Creative Multi-Purpose Theme from Themeforest.net, Item no. 12059290)
Version 184.108.40.206156 – October 18, 2015
- Bug Fixed: When using Custom Template from options for single event, the description is duplicated
Version 220.127.116.11067 – October 14, 2015
- New Feature: Added separate option for disabling Google MAP API in the frontend and backend
- Update: Added more info to debug screen.
- Update: When using a Taxonomy filter the main calendar element will now have the rho-has-tax-filter class
- Update: Added og:image to single page top image for Facebook sharing
- Update: Added open graph (Facebook) meta data to single pages
- Bug Fixed: Double byte characters (foreign characters) are not correctly encoded in the Accordion Upcoming Events Widget
- Bug Fixed: The Google Map inside the Accordion Upcoming Events Widget is not showing on some sites. Added troubleshooting option to force output of the Google Map libraries.
Version 18.104.22.168809 – October 2, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Event Details Boxes are not showing on Community Events submitted events
- Bug Fixed: Ampersand in certain fields is triggering a php warning in Event Lists
- Bug Fixed: Close icon not showing in the dialog for removing repeat dates and exclude dates
- Bug Fixed: Remove strange animation from metabox dialog
Version: 22.214.171.124724 – September 30, 2015
- Bug Fixed: When the current day shows in the FLAT UI Calendar, but is in another month, the title shows the incorrect month.
- Update: Change the “Ending Hour” label to “At event end” in Upcoming Events Widget settings
Version 126.96.36.199700 – September 29, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Upcoming Events Widget simple list template not catching the date format, and label is incorrect
- Bug Fixed: Upcoming Events Widget, when the event is set to link to ‘none’, the widget was still linking
- Update: Allowing receiving add-on Payments with Bitcoins and Alipay through Stripe.com.
Version 188.8.131.52575 – September 25, 2015
- Update: Test if the PHP version is too older template functions to avoid PHP crash on websites with pre PHP 5.3.
- Bug Fixed: When using the Social Sharing Panel, the share button in a dynamically loaded Event Details Box does not link to the recurring event date only the original
- Bug Fixed: When using the Social Sharing Panel, the share button in a dynamically loaded Event Details Box does not contain the title of the event
- Bug Fixed: When the show all Post Types option is set, and the shortcode post_type arg is not set, not all the Taxonomies and Terms show only those belonging to the event_post_type.
- Update: Added option in Troubleshooting tab to disable update notification, which shows on non Calendarize it! wp-admin pages.
- New Feature: Add the rhc_postmeta shortcode
- New Feature: rhc_gmap shortcode for use inside an event. Renders a single Google map with multiple Venues assigned to the event.
- New Feature: Added rendering control attributes for the following shortcodes: calendarizeit and rhc_static_upcoming_events. The attributes are conditional_tag and capability
- New Feature: Allow enabling Calendarize it! Image Metaboxes for other Custom Post Types, allow enabling layout options in Custom Post Types, allow setting a custom content template to use in events or other Custom Post Types for content layout.
Version 184.108.40.2061112 – August 25, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Use Calendar Event List (Extended Details) time format for the Event List in FLAT UI Calendar Widget.
- Bug Fixed: Removed horizontal scrollbar on Add New Events page in wp-admin.
- New Feature: Added support for new value for the attribute defaultview (WeekEventList)
Version 220.127.116.11848 – August 19, 2015
- Bug Fixed: The bundled custom fields are set with a default date and time format that is overwriting custom values in the Options panel.
- Update: Added the Excerpt to the Description field of the ics generated file (this is for supporting description when using feed in Google Calendar).
Version 18.104.22.168734 – August 14, 2015
- New Feature: Added shortcode attribute max_events to limit the number of events rendered. Please notice that this feature is not compatible with pagination. This attribute supports the Event Grid View add-on.
- New Feature: Added support for Eventbrite add-on for Calendarize it!
- Bug Fixed: In mobile view events from other months should not be displayed in Month View.
- Bug Fixed: Some events are not showing. For example April 30, 2016 events that are not recurring, do not show on Month View.
- Update: Updated styling on buttons for Edit Events in frontend (requires Community Events add-on)
Version 22.214.171.124206 – July 10, 2015
- Bug Fixed: The “showothermonth” option is causing the event list to only show one event
Version 126.96.36.199143 – July 9, 2015
- Bug Fixed: When attribute “showothermonth” or the feature is enabled in the Options Panel, sometimes old events show in the Events Grid View.
- Bug Fixed: FLAT UI Calendar Widget showing last day of multi-day event, but it should only be showing the starting date
- Bug Fixed: In certain conditions the event list is showing empty date labels (no events)
- Bug Fixed: Events Map View the sidelist was empty when loading map, when the list is large. Only appeared when resizing the screen.
- Update: Adding Social Connection styling to main plugin
- Update: Changed event post type to NOT be hierarchical by default and added an option to make it hierarchical. This parameter was crashing the backend on sites with very large data sets.
Version 188.8.131.52001 – May 15, 2015
- New Feature: Added attribute tax_filter_multiple. By default the value is “1”. If set to “0” in Taxonomy drop down filters, only one value can be selected, not multiple.
- Bug Fixed: When using a translated version of Calendarize it!, and switching from Month View to Event List, the month is not showing the correct language.
Version: 184.108.40.206832 – May 6, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Misspelled label: Set Featured Image – updated language .po files
- Bug Fixed: Tooltip on hover and close tooltip on title leave options are not working on Firefox.
- Bug Fixed: Some themes pagination are broken when Calendarize it! is active (get_queried_object before template_redirect causes a canonical redirect)
- Bug Fixed: In the Upcoming Events Widget, when using server side, when using date range, the range is not correctly rendered
- Bug Fixed: An dialog not styled is rendering before the calendar and hiding when page is ready
- New Feature: Added option to hide time in Month View either by shortcode attribute “month_hide_time” or by setting in Options
- New Feature: Added option to show details in FLAT UI Calendar Widget with attribute “widget_autohover” and “widget_autoclick”
Version 220.127.116.11805 – May 4, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Misspelled label: Set Featured Image – updated language .po files
- Bug Fixed: Tooltip on hover and close tooltip on title leave options are not working on Firefox
Version 18.104.22.168412 – April 24, 2015
- Update: Move the option to enable External Event Sources feeds in Taxonomies to the Event Sources tab in Options.
- Improvement: Replaced add_query_arg() due to an XSS vulnerability issue that affects many WordPress plugins and themes. Please observe that before the function could be accessed the user had to be an Administrator, meaning that the potential issue was not available to the public.
Version 22.214.171.124276 – April 23, 2015
- Update: Improved Calendarize it! Month View Print CSS
- Update: Added info related to Event Tempalte integration to debug screen
- Bug Fixed: If the post_type attribute is not specifically set for the rhc_source and feed=“” is used, the External Event Sources taxonomies are not displayed on some sites.
- Bug Fixed: When using Events Map View upcoming only by end date, events that started before the view date are not showing.
- Bug Fixed: Removed some PHP warnings showing when using taxonomy label translation add-on.
- Compatibility Fix: Partial compatibility fix for qTranslate plugin. The qTranslate slug plugin is also needed.
- Compatibility Fix: Allow the Taxonomy page image to fallback to the Term Thumbnail image (provided by third party plugin Term Thumbnail).
- New Feature: Added code to allow Taxonomy meta data to the Upcoming Events Widget template. For example, adding an HTML tag with class taxonomy-venue-city, will put the venue city meta inside the tag, wrapped with a span tag.
- New Feature: Added option to enable author_name field in the Upcoming Events Widget
- New Feature: Added option to show External Event Sources in Taxonomy pages. Until now Taxonomy pages were hardcoded to only show local events.
- New Feature: Added option to Troubleshooting tab to disable the author drop down in the Upcoming Events Widget. It will show a text field instead. This is useful for sites that have too many users to display in the widget settings page.
- New Feature: Added rel=“nofollow” to share button, so that the ical feed does not get indexed by Google search engine robots.
Version 126.96.36.199582 – April 6, 2015
- New Feature: Added attribute allday_group which takes values “color” or “order”. It will group all day events in the same day by color or by menu_order field from the edit Event screen (Attributes meatball).
- New Feature: Added the allday_group attribute to the Calendarize shortcode tab under the Options menu
- New Feature: Option to disable the image in the tooltip. Also works with the shortcode attribute “tooltip_image”, which takes the values “1” or “0”.
- Update: Rescan sources and updated the language files with latest strings (wp-content/plugins/calendarize-it/languages/)
- Bug Fixed: Do not enable the Events post type archive since there is no defined template for this
- Bug Fixed: When a recurring event is limited with end date, events recurring in the end date are not included
- Bug Fixed: In Upcoming Events Widget, using server load method, when using word count 0 it is displaying full description when it show none.
- Bug Fixed: In Upcoming Events Widget, using server load method, the .rhc-event-link class, the href attribute is not set with the URL like the ajax load method
Version 188.8.131.52447 – March 24, 2015
- New Feature: Added option to disable Taxonomies in the backend Event List. Some sites report very slow loading times in the backend Event List.
- New Feature: Added support for new shortcode attribute “showothermonth” which takes values “1” or “0” and allows to render or not render events in Month View in dates that are not in the current month. Also added the feature in the Options panel.
- Bug Fixed: Organizational Microdata had an extra http://
- Bug Fixed: When feed attribute is set to “1” , only show Taxonomies associated to External Event Sources in the Taxonomy Filter dropdown (requires Taxonomy Filter add-on).
- Bug Fixed: In Upcoming Events Widget, with Server load method the data and time format is ignored
- Bug Fixed: Custom Taxonomies with underscore in the slug, in Events Map View, where not transferred from the non-fullscreen view drop down filter to the fullscreen drop down filter bar.
- Update: Preload Data off by default (Troubleshooting feature)
- Update: Added an option that will avoid trimming the day names in the UI calendar widget.