Downloadable Content and Add-ons for Calendarize it!
With Calendarize it! version 2.0 we introduce Downloadable Content. When you enter your License Key in the Options Panel you will be able to access Downloads. You can download free add-ons like our new Visual CSS Editor and the Contexual Help for Calendarize it! as well as buy premium add-ons.
Event and Venue Layout Box Builder
With Calendarize it! 2.0 we introduce the Layout Builder for the Event and Venue Box. It makes it super easy to customize the layout and add custom fields as well as setup default templates.
Update the plugin directly from within WordPress admin
You can now update Calendarize it! for WordPress directly from within WordPress admin. All you need to do is enter your Item Purchase Code (License Key) in the Options Panel.
Easy Point and Click interface to add new events
It is easy to add new events with the “point and click” visual calendar interface in wp-admin. Click on the day, enter the start day/time and end day/time.
Preview when entering event in wp-admin (single event)
You will get a preview of the event in the calendar in the wp-admin.
Support for Recurring Events
Easily add recurring events: every day, every week, every 2 weeks, every month, every year, and if you select More Options you can choose to repeat events multiple times the same day, hour. You can also choose between settings like 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or last.
Support for Arbitrary Recurring Events and Recurring Events with Exceptions
With the release of Calendarize it! for WordPress version 1.2 it is now possible to create Arbitrary Recurring Events easily. First you create your recurring event and then you can repeat it when ever you want, including changing the time of the day when it repeats. You can also create Recurring Events and then easily remove specific dates (exceptions).
Show Individual Calendars per user in WordPress
You can easily display calendars for individual users in WordPress simply by adding a Shortcode with the username. You can also display events from multiple users by adding the id number of the user instead of the username.
Advanced Filtering (Custom Taxonomies)
Calendarize it! for WordPress supports Custom Taxonomies and by using these you can apply advanced filtering when viewing the Calendar in the front end. By default all events will be showing unless you have inserted a Shortcode with filtering. Click on a Custom Taxonomy and click “Apply filters”. You can add the filters in any combination. And click “Show All” in order to remove all filters.
Sidebar Widget for Mini Events Calendar
Insert a Mini Events Calendar widget in your sidebar. Apply advanced filtering with Custom Taxonomies. Choose between different jQuery UI skins.
Sidebar Widget for Upcoming Events
Insert a Upcoming Events widget in your sidebar. Apply advanced filtering with Custom Taxonomies.
Event List per day, per week, monthly
Switch directly from either Monthly, Weekly or Daily view to “event” and view all events from the Month, the Week or the Day.
Support for Custom Fields for Events
When creating your event you can easily add Custom Fields. Choose between three different types of Custom Fields: Custom, Taxonomy or Metadata.
Create and Manage Venues, Organizers and Calendars (Custom Taxonomies)
Assign events to specific Calendars, Organizers and Venues. Create detailed Venue page.
Support for Shortcodes
We have created 8 different Shortcodes that you can use with Calendarize it! From a very Shortcode to insert the calendar to more advanced Shortcodes that allow you to apply different filters.
Support for Custom Post Types
You can activate Calendarize it! for Custom Post Types including Posts and Pages. This means you can make these show as “events” in the calendar.
Support for Custom Capabilities
With Custom Capabilities you can customize who has access to the different features. Please notice that you need a Role and Capability Manager in order to use the Custom Capabilities. You can either use our White Label Branding for WordPress, which has a build in Role and Capability Manager, or try one of the free plugins available on the internet.
Customize Time and Date format
We have implemented comprehensive support for customizing the Time and Date format. You can completely customize the Time and Date format for the following views: month, week, day and event list. This also includes setting 12 hour or 24 hour time format .
Support for Events by User Role
If you have our Pages by User Role for WordPress plugin you will able to set the access to each event by User Role. You can either provide access or block specific user roles. This makes it possible to show one calendar, but depending on the visitors user role they will see different events in the calendar.
Detailed Event Page
Each event has a detailed Event Page where you can add information.
Detailed Venue Page
Each event has a detailed Venue Page where you can add information about the venue. Below the venue information we will display any upcoming events from the venue.
Google Map integration for Events and Venues
Both the Event Page and Venue Page supports Google Maps.
Support for internationalizationCalendarize it! for WordPress comply with the Codex for internationalization. This is a process of making an application ready for translation. In WordPress this means making strings which should be translated in a special way.
If you have our Easy Translation Manager for WordPress you can easily translate Calendarize it! for WordPress.
The following language versions are included with the plugin:
Version 18.104.22.168826 – February 25, 2015
- Compatibility Fix: Prevent WP Super Cache from breaking the Calendar Ajax
- Bug Fixed: When Custom Taxonomy Filters are used in the minimized Map View, the fullscreen Map Filters disappear.
- Bug Fixed: Venue Details Page is showing http:// even though the field is empty. If the field is empty nothing should be shown
- New Feature: Added new values for the gotodate attribute: next_week, previous_week, next_month, previous_month. Also supports adding integer numbers 1, 2, 3 etc.
- New Feature: Added new attribute local_tz with integer value 1. Add this to the Calendarize it! shortcode and the visitor will see events in their local time zone. This is very useful when you have a calendar with online seminar/conference calls etc.
Version 22.214.171.124712 – February 23, 2015
- Bug Fixed: iCal ics file, empty lines are not supported by all applications
- Bug Fixed: iCal ics file, skipping events that do not have the event start field defined, as many applications will break
- Bug Fixed: iCal, Google will not parse Calendarize it! iCal feed when using “Add URL”
- Bug Fixed: iCal, foreign characters not showing when using “Add URL” on Google Calendar
- Bug Fixed: Current iCal code validated 100 out of 100 on a couple of online validators
- Bug Fixed: When clicking on a recurring event in Upcoming Events Widget, it was not linking to the Event Details Page.
- Bug Fixed: Too much margin is breaking 2 columns in the rhc_color_key shortcode of the Event Color by Taxonomy add-on.
- Compatibility Fix: Divi Theme. Event Details Page showing sidebar event when template page is set to NO sidebar.
- Update: Added wp_options row count to the debug screen
- Update: When assigning multiple Taxonomies (Venues and Organizers) to an event they should be displayed on individual line in Event Details Box.
- Update: Added Access-Control-Allow-Headers to try allow calendar in an iframe
- Update: Added event_skip shortcode argument. When defined and used in the event list it will not render the amount of events defined in the argument.
- New Feature: Hiding Other Months on mobile
Version 126.96.36.199224 – February 6, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Update notification not showing on some websites
- Bug Fixed: When choosing “Disable Event Link”, upcoming event links are opening an empty page
- Improvement: Instead of going to update-core.php directly attempt a plugin update when clicking on update now.
- Compatibility Fix: Bridge and Bridge Child WordPress theme (Themeforest) not showing the title in the Event Details Page
- New Feature: New arguments norepeat and grid_norepeat. Use case: Avoid repeating recurring events in Grid View, but preserving them in other views use grid_norepeat=“1”. Apply to all views use norepeat=“1”
- Update: When using Taxonomy Filter drop down navigation set background to transparent
Version 188.8.131.52980 – January 30, 2015
- Bug Fixed: PHP warning in Tooltip (Month View)
- Bug Fixed: When the Taxonomy page does not have the protocol, the Taxonomy page generates the URL incorrectly (appends the sites own domain in front)
- Bug Fixed: When using the week mode fixed the events sometimes would not render in the last days of the month
- Bug Fixed: When the Tooltip hover action is enabled, hide the tooltip when the mouse leave the tooltip
- Bug Fixed: PHP warning when saving meta data
Version 184.108.40.206699 – January 24, 2015
- Update: Removed fixed height on Event Page Top Image
- Update: Make General Settings tab load first in the Options menu
- New Feature: Add a filter to allow to give values to fc_color, fc_text, fc_link and fc_link_target
- New Feature: Provide an optional website name to use instead of the link to show as link instead of the URL for long URLs that break the layout (Event Details Box and Venue Details Box)
- New Feature: Added loading animations and update notification to download section
- Bug Fixed: Latest changes where not replacing tags when empty
- Bug Fixed: PHP warning when used with Easy Translation Manager for WordPress
Version 220.127.116.11237 – January 13, 2015
- Bug Fixed: Remove PHP warnings related to deleting cache
- Bug Fixed: When the URL is empty in a recurring event the first event correctly renders the title without a link, but the recurring instances are rendering with a link to an empty URL
- Bug Fixed: When using Taxonomy Filter add-on (dropdown filters) and Grid View add-on, the filter is loading events too far in the future, sometimes the first use of the filter doesn’t work, but a second attempt loads events.
- Bug Fixed: Upcoming Events are not catching translated values
- Bug Fixed: Remove some microdata related to PHP warnings
- Update: Added missing strings to localization (translation)
- Update: Change z-index value on Tooltip in Month View, as some themes hide it behind the calendar.
- New Feature: Option to add rel=nofollow on the Venue website link
- New Feature: When the nofollow option is set on Venue, also apply the nofollow to the dynamic custom fields
- New Feature: Option to add rel=nofollow to the Organizer taxonomy
- Update: Repack CSS for release
Version 18.104.22.168096 – December 29, 2014
- Bug Fixed: Avoid some PHP warning related to file caching
- Bug Fixed: When using quick edit the cache is not cleared
- Bug Fixed: Google Map not showing on Venue page
- Bug Fixed: In the Map drop down filter the address is showing instead of the name of the Venue
- Bug Fixed: Options Panel crashing (internal 500) on ISS
- Bug Fixed: The Calendar Widget is not coloring multiple day events, only the first day
- Compatibility Fix: wp-views plugin breaks the admin menu layout when creating a new event
- Update: Undo loading gmap3 with the regular JS, that is not needed on other pages
- Update: Styling for Taxonomy drop downs
- New Feature: Add support for the nofollow field
- New Feature: Added a troubleshooting option to fix events that cannot be deleted or edited by admin after upgrading to WordPress 4.1
Version 22.214.171.124970 – December 10, 2014
- Compatibility Fix: Some sites have SHORTINIT defined and are not installing the rhc capabilities, causing users not to be able to access the Options menu
- Bug Fixed: When switching from month to week or day, the view is set to the first day of the month, where it should load the window range that contains todays date
- Bug Fixed: Calendar crashing when using version 1 of the theme integration
- Update: Report a greater Option Panel version (do not show Coupon field for free add-ons)
- Update: Adjusted Font size for FLAT UI Calendar Widget
- New Feature: Added support for triggering tooltip at mouse over in Month View (Calendarize Shortcode tab under Tooltip Behavior)
- New Feature: Added tooltip_on_hover argument for Calendarize it! shortcode to manually enable on hover behavior
Version 126.96.36.199920 – December 4, 2014
- Bug Fixed: Styles not loaded on single Event Details Page when scripts on demand is active
- Bug Fixed: Filter drop downs in wp-admin was out of position
- Bug Fixed: Order drop down filter alphabetically for event list in wp-admin
- New Feature: Added support for schema.org (structured data interoperability) to Event Details Page, Venue Details Page and Organizer (name, startDate, endDate, location, address, geo, telephone, url, image, hasMap)
- New Feature: Added support for schema.org (structured data interoperability) to list of events rendered noscript with Calendar.
- New Feature: Added support for the Term Thumbnail plugin to Venues, Organizers, Calendars and any Custom Taxonomy created with Capabilities and Taxonomies add-on.
- New Feature: Term Thumbnail image will be used if image is not set in Taxonomy (Venues)
Version 188.8.131.52885 – November 27, 2014
- Bug Fixed: Date picker not styled in Upcoming Events Widget wp-admin
- Bug Fixed: If a date end is for some reason not set update crashes
- Bug Fixed: PHP crashing when date fields has NaN values
- Bug Fixed: No Events message showing when applying filter.
- Update: Handle the Ajax earlier in WordPress to avoid processing hooks that will not be used
- Update: Options Panel Horizontal Tabs (WordPress style)
- Update: Taxonomy Links ON by default (General Settings tab)
- New Feature: Client side caching. File caching in an effort to improve event delivery speed
- New Feature: Modified Ajax calls to pass a value for file caching. Enabled file caching for all Ajax calls. Added setting for filling the .htaccess values for file caching (Events Cache tab)
- New Feature: Added a Clear Cache Button (Events Cache tab)
- New Feature: Added option to load Scripts and Styles on demand (General Settings tab)New Feature: Added the rhc_timetable class for showing the title in the next line in the tooltip. This is only applicable when using the rhc_timetable class in the shortcode.
- New Feature: Added a style for the next_upcoming time meta
- New Feature: Added Coupon Code field in wp-admin Shop
- Compatibility Fix: Replace all post_info shortcodes with rhc_post_info shortcodes. If post_info was used in a custom template or post, it will now need to be changed to rhc_post_info
Version 184.108.40.206744 – November 13, 2013
- Bug Fixed: Events that do not start or end in the window range are left out
- Bug Fixed: On update some sites wp-admin are crashing because the site contains invalid event start or end
- New Feature: Added troubleshooting option to clear all events and custom post type background color and text color
- New Feature: Added Organizer to iCal feed
- Compatibility Fix: Some unidentified plugin or theme is taking over the post_info shortcode tag
- Update: Moved the Taxonomies are links to the General Settings tab
- Update: Updated the reported Options Panel to 2.7.2
Version 220.127.116.11643 – November 3, 2014
- New Feature: Implementing a new server side RECURR library, which should provide faster events loading, and also opening for the possibility for rendering static widgets that contain recurring events properly.
- New Feature: Implement settings for External Event Sources caching response
- New Feature: Added support for Taxonomy Filter drop down (requires add-on)
- Update: If PHP 5.3 requirement is not met, fallback to prevent previous Ajax version
- Update: Added option to reinstall and generate recur data
- Update: Added rhc_noscript filter to allow the External Event Sources to hook into the noscript tag and add External Event Source links
- Bug Fixed: In Upcoming Events Widget, clicking on image or titles does not match the same link target
- Bug Fixed: Missing argument in a filter needed for Community Events (requires add-on)
Version 18.104.22.168458 – October 23, 2014
- Compatibility Fix: A plugin is preventing Calendarize it! from saving Meta fields data
- Update: Added troubleshooting menu_position for changing the Calendarize it! menu position to solve conflicts where other plugins overwrite the Calendarize it! menu position.
- Update: Added a trigger viewLeave for a grid view fix
- Bug Fix: Add charset to events Ajax call, to try prevent a network error on IE and certain hosts
- Bug Fix: Past day setup is not showing yesterdays events
- Bug Fix: Upcoming Events with a range date was showing a dash when it should not
- Bug Fix: When using the Calendar filter, reset the view to the starting date
- Bug Fix: $.ajax is not working like $.post and several random issues were caused by this change. Grid not showing details, events not loaded etc.
- Bug Fix: Missing text domains for Internationalization
- Bug Fix: Event List arrows not working on a non-stacking setting
- Bug Fix: When a lot of filters have been chosen the container doesn’t expand
Version 22.214.171.124370 – October 15, 2014
- New Feature: Added shortcode argument eventlistpastdays, which allows to set an event list for example 180 days in the past from current date
- Compatibility Fix: Ajax based themes. Added a functionality to the visibility check option, so it also tests for Ajax loaded calendars that are missing to be inited.
- Bug Fixed: Added unique CSS selectors to FLAT UI Calendar Widget to avoid conflicts with other CSS
Version 126.96.36.199340 – October 12, 2014
- Bug Fixed: When the Excerpt is inserted in the Custom Fields for Details Box it doesn’t render in the single Event Details Box or Event List
Version 188.8.131.52190 – October 3, 2014
- Bug Fixed: Empty Taxonomy meta are leaving empty space in the wp-admin layout builder for Event Details, Venue Details etc.
- Bug Fixed: When selecting some checkboxes in the filter, but then clicking the Apply All button, the selected boxes disappear
- Bug Fixed: When applying a filter, Event Grid View boxes does not render any meta-data (requires Event Grid View add-on)
- Bug Fixed: In the Upcoming Events Widget, all day events are hiding the date portion where it should only hide the time container
- Bug Fixed: Line height adjusted in CSS for details boxes (affected by last update)
- Bug Fixed: Navigation buttons not properly aligned in mobile view
- Bug Fixed: The day name when clicking on the FLAT UI Calendar Widget always show Saturday
Version 184.108.40.206103 – September 24, 2014
- Bug Fixed: Do not show comma when an empty taxonomy field is shown on the detail box, when multiple terms are checked for that event and one term meta is empty.
- Bug Fixed: On Event List View, when not using stacking, and clicking back arrow it is jumping to the first day of the month or just not doing anything at all.
- New Feature: Render External Sources optional Google Map into the Venue link (requires External Event Sources add-on)
Version 220.127.116.11079 – September 23, 2014
- Compatibility Fix: Rollback a theme compatibility fix to its original state, and add a internal fix so that only certain themes the change will apply.
- Compatibility Fix: Bootstrap fix for icons
- Bug Fixed: Horizontal Options tabs not working on Firefox and mobile browsers
- Bug Fixed: Some themes are breaking the Custom Fields Metabox in the wp-admin
- Bug Fixed: Multiple Organizers in the Event List are rendered without spacing