Standalone bgStretcher jQuery Plugin is Also Available
bgStretcher Magento Extension is Also Available
Updated! Now with ability to set background images for specified pages, posts or custom post types.
bgStretcher (Background Stretcher) is a WordPress plugin for stretching one or more images proportionally across an entire page or element. When multiple images are supplied, bgStretcher displays them in a configurable slideshow with advanced options. The plugin allows you to add a large image (or a set of images) to the background of your web page and will proportionally resize the image(s) to fill the entire window area.
The plugin will work as a slideshow if multiple images are used. The speed, duration, transition effects, and slide direction are configurable. Available transition options include none, simpleSlide, superSlide and fade. Sequence mode can be set to normal, backwards, or random. Additionally, the resizing of the images can be optionally animated when the container is resized. Class names may also be passed to bgStretcher to define Next & Previous buttons and a pagination element.
- Proportionally Resizes Background Images
- Lightweight WordPress Plugin
- Unobtrusive Script & Simple to Setup
- Works with Any Screen Resolution
- Compatible with All Modern Browsers
- Easy to Integrate with Popular CMS’s
- Support Single or Multiple Images
- Advanced Slideshow Features
- Control Speed and Duration
- Multiple Transition Effects
- Resize Animation Available
- Over 20 Configuration Options
ChangelogVersion 3.1.1 / 02-05-2014
+ Added : Support for latest bgStretcher jQuery Plugin
Version 3.1.1 / 01-23-2014
+ Added : Support for latest bgStretcher jQuery Plugin + Added : RTL (right to left text) support + Fixed : PHP Warning in WordPress plugin
Version 3.1.0 / 09-17-2013
+ Added : Function to select pages, posts or custom post types where bgStretcher should be displayed.