Barebone App is the bootstrap you need in order to build your next Titanium application. It is a well structured, well organized and implemented, full working app that comes with all the ingredients a modern application needs. Best practices, proven techniques and experienced software architecture are packed with a well crafted design.
The application follows the modern trends of the “Slide menu”. In addition to this each window carries the option to contribute it’s own context menu. The construction of the “Slide menu” is driven by the application’s configuration file. No extra code needed for that. The context menu is automatically binded to the right button of the navigation bar.
The News and Products listing windows are fetching data from online sources by using the JSON protocol. The source URLs for these listings are set in the application’s configuration file. Images, texts and whole entries can be updated by adjusting the remote sources. The need for content updates, does not requires rebuilding and re-distributing the application.
The same stands for the pins in the live map also. You can add and configure the pin points by adjusting the remote source only.
A configuration file is responsible for all business related aspects of the application like:
- The structure of the “Slide menu”
- The Look and Feel of the application like the colors and the color schemes, the font family and the font sizes, etc
- The URLs for the remote data.
The titanium project is accompanied with it’s full layered PSD file. In addition to this a set of separate PSD files are part of the pack. These files, with their proper size and guides, are an important addition to your toolkit. Use them and they will guide you on how to create your own icons and other resources for home screen, slide menu, navigation bar, etc.
Apr 19, 2015
- Set target platform to 3.5.x
- Hide the “Action bar / Title” by using a theme [Android]
- Create a HTTP submission form which includes GEOLocation and Image
- Provide a PHP script example that handles the HTTP form submission.
- Convert all the included (Ti.include) files into modules and load them by using require()
- iOS8 support
Feb 22, 2014
- Target platform set to 3.2.x
- Google Maps v2 / ti.map add-on module replaces the Titanium.Map module.
- Fix: Right menu handler was not properly hooked in all windows
Nov 13, 2013
- iOS7 support added.