Fullscreen Site Background Slider with Flickr and Picasa Build-in Modules
Backslider – Fullscreen Background Image Slider is an elegant and flexible solution for creative designs. This plugin can be used as site background changer or fullscreen image slider. Among other features this plugin offers five different slide modes, four animation effects and ability to load images directly from Flickr or Picasa. Also exclusively for one-page sites, this plugin has special “scroll” mode to automatically change background image when page is being scrolled.
Also it’s possible to use Backslider as simple image slider with all it’s great features. It’s very easy! To find out how, please refer to the FAQ section How to convert Backslider from fullscreen to responsive slider?
- added new “slide” animation effect
- fixed problem with mouse click on active image thumb causing it to fade out - fixed problem with image scale in IE9
- fixed problem with timer reset when “next” and “previous” api calls are fired
- fixed bug with image scale when ‘preload’ option is set to false
- changed arguments in callback functions
– added Flickr api_key support to overcome the limit of 20 images put by the feed
– improved code for image preload what solves the issue with random glitches in IE with black screen when loading plugin
- added ‘centerImages’ plugin option to keep images centered during window resize
- fixed problem with image jump when transition begins in “slide” effect with enabled image centering
- fixed problem with images loosing centering in slides that are not visible
- made some changes in code structure
Credits and sources
Photos in preview are from The “It” Factor set by Mark Sebastian on Flickr