Checking each page of your website individually for W3C validation errors can be extremely time consuming. Using this script will dramatically decrease the time taken to validate your websites.
So what does this script do?
This script will allow you to validate every single page on your website against W3C ’s standards. All you do is upload a sitemap and wait for the results!
Why should your websites comply with W3C standards?
I think this article sums it up nicely, below are the main points.
- Your website will be more easily accessed by people with disabilities and the user experience will be improved (read more website usability articles).
- W3C validation helps you reduce the amount of coding on your pages thus emphasizing the importance of content. Your site will have the chance to get indexed and as a result get higher rankings in the most important search engines, since spiders are known to crawl websites with relevant content.
- Your website can be easily accessed from different devices – PCs, laptops, PDAs, cellular phones, etc.
- Validation is fully compatible with a wide range of dynamic pages, scripting and active content, multimedia presentations, etc.
- Different current and future browsers will display pages in the same way, or at least in a very similar fashion.
For these reasons it is extremely important that your website is W3C compliant and this script will make it as easy as possible to validate your website.