Anti-spam Pro = no spam in comments and no captchaAnti-spam Pro plugin blocks spam in comments. Anti-spam Pro is powerful and extended version of free and popular Anti-spam plugin.
- no captcha, because spam is not users’ problem
- no moderation queues, because spam is not administrators’ problem
Plugin is easy to use: just install it and it just works.
After installing the ‘Anti-spam Pro’ plugin try to submit a comment on your site being logged out. If you get an error – feel free to ask for help with detailed information about the error using comments section on CodeCanyon or comments section on web-profile and I will do my best to solve your issue.
What is the difference between the free Anti-spam and the Anti-spam Pro plugins?
- Anti-spam Pro plugin includes everything what Anti-spam plugin has
- and additionaly has much more powerful automatic spam protection
- and also has manual spam protection using “spam-points algorithm”
- and also has Settings page
What settings does Anti-spam Pro plugin have?
How does Anti-spam Pro plugin work?
Plugin distinguishes automatic and manually submitted comments and use different spam checks to block spam.
How does Anti-spam Pro plugin block automatic spam?
Anti-spam Pro plugin use few spam-bots characteristics to distinguish comments from automatic spam:
- spam-bots are fully automatic and fills all the inputs using typical parsing patterns which can be easily trapped
How does Anti-spam Pro plugin block manual spam?
Plugin uses “spam-points algorithm” to check if comment is spam.
Every comment will have +1 spam point for each truthy statement below:
- URL field is not empty
- comment contains too many links (3 or more by default; can be changed in Settings)
- comment contains html
- comment is too long (more than 2000 chars by default; can be changed in Settings)
- comment contains rel=”nofollow” code
- comment contains [/url] code
- comment contains at least 1 spam word (by default: viagra, cialis; can be changed in Settings)
If the comment will have more than 2 spam points (can be changed in Settings) – the comment will be blocked because it is manual spam.
How to test what spam comments are rejected?
You may enable in [Settings] = [Anti-spam Pro] section sending all rejected spam comments to email.
You can also find the total spam blocked counter in the Anti-spam Pro settings section.
- Jetpack Comments
- AJAX Comment Form
- Multi-site (each site of the network will have its own plugin settings page like on stand-alone site)
- CommentLuv plugin
Does plugin block spam from Contact or other forms?
Plugin blocks spam only in comments form section and does not block spam from any other forms on site.
If you installed and activated the plugin and you still receiving spam – probably this could be because of some other forms on your site (for example comments forms).
What is the percentage of spam blocked?
Anti-spam Pro plugin blocks 100% of automatic spam messages (sent by spam-bots via post requests) and about 50% of manual spam.
Which license should be bought for Multi-site?
Extended license should be bought for Multi-site. http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/wpmuwordpress-multisite-plugin-licensing/39780 “Yes – they would need to purchase the extended license. Jeffrey”
What about trackback spam?
Users rarely use trackbacks because it is manual and requires extra input. Spammers uses trackbacks because it is easy to cheat here. Users use pingbacks very often because they work automatically. Spammers does not use pingbacks because backlinks are checked. So trackbacks are blocked by default but pingbacks are enabled. You may enable trackbacks if you use it in [Settings] = [Anti-spam Pro] section. You may read more about the difference between trackbacks and pingbacks.
And one more extra note…
4.1 – 2016-01-31
- prevent full path disclosure
- removed XSS vulnerability
4.0 – 2015-02-05
- added ability to block manual spam using “spam-points algorithm”
- refactored Settings section
- added dashicons and tabs to Settings section – https://developer.wordpress.org/resource/dashicons/
- removed info block with blocked spam counter in the comments section
3.1 – 2014-12-26
- added the ability to hide or show info block in the “Screen Options” section
3.0 – 2014-12-15
- refactor code structure
- added blocked spam counter in the comments section
- clean up the docs
- enqueue script only for pages with comments form and in the footer
- bugfixes from Anti-spam plugin
2.1 – 2014-08-03
- clear value of the empty input because some themes are adding some value for all inputs
- updated FAQ section
- added more info to Settings page
2.0 – 2014-02-16
- completely rewriting the code of the plugin
- now Anti-spam Pro input names are unique on each site with Anti-spam Pro plugin because of randomly generated suffix. This input name suffix can be changed in Anti-spam Pro Settings section
- ‘year-question’ replaced with ‘copy-and-paste-the-code’. This code is unique on each site and it is randomly generated and can be changed in Anti-spam Pro Settings section
- add support for comments forms loaded via ajax
- validate options
1.0 – 2014-01-04
- initial release. Extended Anti-spam plugin with Settings page.