An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by anago
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read the FAQ quickly before contacting me!
Use your browser “find” function to search through the FAQ. The answer to most issues and questions is here.
There is also a more detailed Knowledge Base on my homepage, which holds more up to date information.
When submitting a ticket please:
- Be descriptive – describe the problem or request in a few sentences
- Use screenshots if necessary – visual feedback helps me a lot! You can use the http://postimage.org service to upload images and send the links to me (as you cannot attach images to the contact forms yet)
- Send me temporary FTP and website administrator access if possible – especially in cases where the search is not working properly.
- After opening the support ticket I always answer in 24 hours tops!
When installing the plugin the plugin manager says that it’s not a valid plugin file, what is wrong?
You must extract the file you have downloaded from codecanyon, because it also contains the documentation. After extracting, upload and install the ajax-search-pro.zip file in the wordpress plugin manager.
The images are not showing, what is wrong?
- The search parses the first/second/third image and the featured image from the post/page content. Check if there is an image in the content.
- Make sure, that the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/cache/ folder and the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/css/ folder is writeable
- Make sure, that the CURL or the “fopen url wrapper” is enabled on your server.
These errors are most likely reported by the error reporting module in the plugin, but in some cases you need to check manually!
When I type in something, the search wheel is spinning, but nothing happens. Why?
- It is most likely, that another plugin or the template is throwing errors while the ajax request is generated. Disabling all the plugins one by one can help you rule out which plugin is creating the issue.
- If you are able to use firebug or any developer tool, which can watch ajax xhr requests (chrome, ie and safari has built in developer tools, firefox needs firebug), then try to type in a keyword and capture the ajax response. Normally it should contain a standard JSON structured data. You should see php errors or some unusual lines in the response, which can help you determine where the error comes from.
When I save the search the template is not saving! Why?
- Make sure, that the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/cache/ folder and the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/css/ folder and all of it’s content is writeable! (chmod to 777 -> Tutorial to chmod with ftp)
I want to hide the frontend search settings selector box. How?
O the administrator panel select the “FRONTEND SEARCH SETTINS” tab and set every setting to “NO”.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Envato Support.