Updated to version 1.2
The Advanced Permission System (APS) allows you to secure your website or parts of it.
You can protect your website with adding just two lines of code in the page which you want to protect.
You can secure any page and control the access from intuitive and user friendly administration panel.
You can register unlimited user accounts and create unlimited groups with different permissions.
The system is based on groups permissions. You can register users and add them to groups. If an user wants to access a protected page he will be asked to login. If his account is active and is in at least in one group with permission to access the current page he will see the protected content, otherwise he will see an error message.
Here is a small scheme / example of what the system does:
- Unlimited pages to protect
- Unlimited users to register
- Unlimited groups to add
- Three types of user accounts (super administrator, administrators and regular users)
- Activated, not activated and banned account statuses
- Default return URL after login
- Custom return URL for each page
- Custom error message
- User self-registration (optional, if enabled in configs)
- Lost password
- Intuitive and user friendly administration panel
- Object oriented administration panel
- Web installer
The system requires PHP 5.* and MySQL 5.* to run.
- Fix: Typo in the installer creates wrong constant in file config.php with name DEFAULT_DEFAULT_RETURN_URL instead of DEFAULT_RETURN_URL
- Update: Windows servers compatibility
- Fix: Fixed compatibility problem between different server setups for php echo function
- Added: Lost password functionality
- Added: Users self registration
- Added: Multi login protection (prevent multiple users to login one account at the same time)
- Added: Database updater to version 1.2. To update your database you have to upload folder update and open it in your browser (Example: Navigate to www.domain.com/aps/update
- Added: config-example.php – well documented example configuration file
- Added: Inline login form (you can protect part of your web page)
- Update: First admin user (from installer) is super admin
- Update: Admin cannot change other admin status
- Update: Admin cannot add admin user
- Update: Admin cannot delete admin user
- Update: Only super admin can add and delete admin users
- Update: Only super admin can change admin status
- Update: Account status of admin and super admin does not matter for login
- Update: Improved code logic
- 1.0 – Initial version