Advanced iFrame Pro v 6.5.5
Include content the way YOU like in an iframe that can hide and modify elements and forward parameters. You can also embed content directly or show a part of an iframe.
New since 6.3 Standalone version included: Use the plugin also without Wordpress!
Please check the quickstart section! There you find out which features are available for you!
Live demoCheck the pro demo for working examples of most of the main features. The examples are a good start for any feature you want to use.
Main features of Advanced iframe pro
Resize the iframe to the content height or width
On the same domain or if you are able to use the external workaround you can resize the iframe to the iframe height. Also dynamic size changes in the iframe are detected and even auto height of hidden elements is supported.
Show only specifiy areas of the iframe
Even if you are NOT on the same domain and you are NOT able to modify the external page you can show a part of the remote iframe. With the included area selector you can simply select the area you want to show with your mouse. Also you can hide certain areas of the other page.
Zoom iframe content
You can zoom the content of an iframe with a fixed ratio and also by auto zoom which does calculate the factor depending on the browser size. Especially on non responsive pages this can be the only solution for mobile devices.
Modify css styles
You can dynamically change the css of the parent and depending on your setup even of the iframe page too. So you can hide elements like header and footers or overwrite static sizes to make a page more responsive.
Lazy load is the perfect feature to enhance the loading time of your page. So first your main page is loaded and afterwards the iframe. You can also load the iframe when it is visible only or load the iframe with a click on a button.
Loading iframes often takes additional time. So now you can show your users a loading icon until the iframe is fully loaded.
Many websites look different on different devices. With the included browser detection you are able to show different iframes or different parts of an iframe depending on the detected device.
Change link targets and show iframes as layer
You can dynamically change the link targets of the parent and depending on your setup even of the iframe page too. This also enables the feature that links kann be directly opened in an extra layer in an iframe. So users don’t leave your webpage even when they select external links!
Advanced url parameter handling
Many options to parse parameters are supported. You can forward parameters from the parent and you have many placeholders like the current Wordpress username. You can even add the iframe url as parameter to the parent url to be able to bookmark the current selected page.
Use iframes in the widget areas
A widget is included to add iframes or even any shortcode in your widget areas.
Standalone version included!
You can use this plugin not only in Wordpress but any php page where you can insert a few lines of code!
Change log and features of advanced iframe pro v 6.5.5
By entering the shortcode ‘[advanced_iframe securitykey=”your key”]’ you can include any webpage to any page or article. The following cool features compared to a normal iframe are implemented:
- New: Pro demo with the most important pro features. Please allow the demo to load because there are 10 different iframes on this page which takes a while to load.
- New: Graphical interface to select the area you want to show: See area selector.
- Hide areas of the parent layout to give the iframe more space
- Show only specific areas of the iframe even when the iframe is on a different domain (see the FAQ for limitations) or include parts directly (same domain) by jQuery
- Hide areas of an iframe
- Modify css styles in the parent and the iframe to e.g. change the width of the content area
- Forward parameters to the iframe
- Resize the iframe to the content height (same domain or with the external workaround) or width (same domain) on loading, AJAX or click
- Scroll the parent to the top when the iframe is loaded
- Hide the content until it is fully loaded
- Add a css and js file to the parent page
- Security code: You can only insert the shortcode with a valid security code from the administration.
- Widget support
- Browser detection: browser dependent iframes are possible
- Modify link targets on the parent and in the iframe (external workaround)
- Url forward parameter mapping
- Redirect direct access of the iframe page to the parent page.
- Zoom iframe content
- Iframe loading icon
- Accordion admin menu
- Map parameter/value pairs to urls
- Support for auto resize of hidden iframes.
- Responsive iframes – *See this blog entry
- Read only iframes
- New 5.8: Shortcode generator
- New 5.8: Open parameter url in iframe
- New 5.8: Responsive video iframes
- New 5.9: Lazy load of iframes
- New 5.10: Write css directly
- New 5.10: Resize iframe on element resize
- New 5.10: Write css as script directly to the header
- New 5.10: Add a css style to each parent element of the iframe
- New 5.10: Dynamic src parameter + support of shortcodes
- New 5.10: Include additional js to the iframe
- New 6.0: Auto zoom
- New 6.0: Lazy load with hidden elements
- New 6.0: Support for the BBCode iframe
- New 6.3: Support for configuration files for the external workaround
- New 6.3: Standalone version included: Use the plugin also without Wordpress!
- New 6.4: 29 new features and 6 bug fixes. See the history
- New 6.5: 15 new features and 8 bug fixes. Especially the administration was improved a lot! See the history
- New 6.x: Many small new improvements and fixes…
See the full feature list on the comparison chart:
Please note: Modification inside the iframe and auto height are only possible if you are on the same domain or use a workaround like described in the settings.
All settings can be set with shortcode attributes as well. If you only use one iframe please use the settings in the administration because there each parameter is explained in detail and also the defaults are set there.
Quick start guide
To include a webpage to your page please check the following things first:
- Check if your page page is allowed to be included:
- Check if the iframe page and the parent page are one the same domain. www.example.com and text.example.com are different domains!
- Can you modify the page that should be included?
Most likely you have one of the following setups:
- iframe cannot be included: You cannot include the content because the owner does not allow this.
- Iframe can be included and you are on the same domain: All features of the plugin can be used.
Check the feature comparison chart which features are available in detail for your setup. Please do this before you buy! http://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/advanced-iframe/advanced-iframe-comparison-chart
Advanced users that have their own server might also setup a reverse proxy if the iframe page is on a different domain and cannot use the external workaround. See this blog for details.
If you mix http and https read this blog. Parent https and iframe http does not work on all mayor browsers!
- Upload the folder ‘advanced-iframe’ from the zip file to the ’/wp-content/plugins ’ directory. Make sure the file advanced-iframe.php is in the directory /wp-content/plugins/advanced-iframe
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Place ‘[advanced_iframe securitykey=”“]’ in your pages or posts. the security key can be found at Settings -> Advanced iFrame Pro
Simply overwrite all files from your previous installation with ftp or unistall the plugin and install the new version again. All settings are stored in the database so you don’t loose anything. Also use this way if you have used the personal version you can get on wordpress.org. If you have some radio elements empty after the update simply select the one you like and save again.
Please save the advanced iframe settings once to update the generated ai_external.js to the latest version! On production systems you should add a version counter to the ai_external.js to avoid caching if you use the external workaround e.g.: .../ai_external.js?version=6
AdministrationGo to Settings -> Advanced iFrame Pro
Advanced iFrame Pro attributes
Below you find all possible shortcode attributes. If you only use one iframe please use the settings in the administration because there each parameter is explained in detail and also the defaults are set there. Setting an attribute does overwrite the setting in the administration.
[advanced_iframe securitykey=”” src=”” width=”” height=”” scrolling=”” marginwidth=”” marginheight=”” id=”” name=”” frameborder=”” content_id=”” content_styles=”” hide_elements=”” class=”” style=”” url_forward_parameter=”” onload=”” onload_resize=”” onload_scroll_top=”” additional_js=”” additional_css=”” store_height_in_cookie=”” additional_height=”” iframe_content_id=”” iframe_content_styles=”” iframe_hide_elements=”” onload_show_element_only=”” include_url=”” include_content=”” include_height=”” include_fade=”” include_hide_page_until_loaded=”” onload_resize_width=””, resize_on_ajax=”” resize_on_ajax_jquery=”” resize_on_click=”” resize_on_click_elements=”” hide_page_until_loaded=”” show_part_of_iframe=”” show_part_of_iframe_x=”” show_part_of_iframe_y=”” show_part_of_iframe_width=”” show_part_of_iframe_height=”” show_part_of_iframe_new_window=”” show_part_of_iframe_new_url=”” show_part_of_iframe_next_viewports_hide=”” show_part_of_iframe_next_viewports=”” show_part_of_iframe_next_viewports_loop=”” hide_part_of_iframe=”” change_parent_links_target=”” change_iframe_links=”” change_iframe_links_target=”” iframe_redirect_url=”” browser=”” show_part_of_iframe_style=”” map_parameter_to_url=”” iframe_zoom=”” tab_visible=”” tab_hidden=”” enable_responsive_iframe=”” iframe_height_ratio=”” enable_lazy_load=”” enable_lazy_load_threshold=”” enable_lazy_load_fadetime=”” pass_id_by_url=”” enable_lazy_load_manual=”” resize_on_element_resize=”” resize_on_element_resize_delay=”” add_css_class_parent=”” auto_zoom=”” enable_lazy_load_manual_element=”“]
Example: [advanced_iframe securitykey=”123451234512345” src=”http://www.tinywebgallery.com” width=”100%” height=”500”]
Frequently Asked QuestionsFind the latest FAQ here: http://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/advanced-iframe/advanced-iframe-faq/ Please go there if you e.g. want to include several iframes on the same page.
You also find the documentation included in the download on the FAQ page.
Rate Advanced iFrame Pro
Please feel free to leave an item rating from your items download page if you haven’t already done so.Please get in contact with me before giving a bad rating because most of the problems are easy to solve. Also make sure that you took a look at the quick start guide to make sure the feature you like can be used!