Run an Adult WordPress site? You need Adults Only Age Verification System for WordPress! Adults Only Age Verification System for WordPress is perfect for websites that have mature, alcohol, or tobacco related content.
Adults Only protects your site from being viewed by under aged person’s by verifying their birth day, as well optionally getting them to agree to your sites agreement. Here is a list of features that Adults Only boasts:
Multiple verification methods.
Simple links, input fields, or a drop down. We have all the bases covered. We also allow you to easily reorder the forms to your liking. For example: Is your site based in Australia? Easily change the form order to DD/MM/YYYY.
Search Engine Optimisation
Adults Only allows you to check if it’s really a person who’s trying to access your website, or a search engine’s crawler. If it detects a crawler, it bypasses the age verification system, and lets them do what they came to do. In other words, this feature allows your site to be indexed by crawlers.
We allow you to easily disable site wide age validation in favour of shortcodes. This is perfect for those sites that have a little bit of adult content, or wish to warn users who may potentially be browsing your website at work of the NSFW nature of your post.
Adults Only AVS has a built in template system that allows you to easily customise every aspect of your age gate. Adults Only AVS comes with three templates:
The separate theme gives a discreet look to your age gate. None of your website is displayed to the visitor prior to age validation.
The overlay theme is a transparent window, a light box if you will, to your site. It shows just the right amount of content and style, while still protecting minors.
The page theme is an absolute god send for designers. It takes extremely important aspects of your current WordPress theme, and puts the age gate in between. In other words, it allows you to quickly set up your age gate with your current theme without touching a line of code.
Don’t like something about a theme? Easily change it using the intuitive interface that makes doing so a breeze.
Easily redirect users upon validation to a better landing page to sell your product, or service. Redirect underaged users to another one of your site that’s a little bit more age appropriate.
Free life time support
While CodeCayon doesn’t require its members to offer support, I do. I feel it’s my duty as the programmer to do so. As such, you can expect free life time support.
Change logVersion 1.5.9 April 25th 2013
- Improved the Compatibility mode to be more intuitive. It will no longer be visible at all once the user has validated.
- Added the DuckDuckGo, and Blekko crawler to default user list. Add DuckDuckBot and Blekkobot to your bot check if you don’t wish to reset your settings.
- Fixed an issue where the domain wouldn’t set correct in very weird circumstances.
- Added support for the new media upload interface. Changing the logo, and background is now a much more pleasant experience.
- Added the option of setting the validation period by seconds, hours and days.
- Added support for sessions. This will allow for validation to last until the user closes their browser. (this is optional)
- Added the option of outputting the overlay via the header. This fixes the issues people were having when their theme would sometimes not output the footer.
- Updated the admin interface to have a more natural WordPress feel.
- Made the overlay theme responsive. Also fixed an issue it was having with certain iOS versions. Images(bar the age gate logo) are hidden while the age gate is visible
- Rewrote the compatibility mode. It’s now makes use of the jQuery cookies plugin. This means it’s faster, and more reliable.
- Changed fieldset class to fields, and wrapped each input / option in p with a class titled field. Also changed the disagree link’s class to ao_disagree.
- Fixed an issue where certain custom post types couldn’t have the age gate added via post meta.
You can view the full change log here.