Run an Adult WordPress site? You need Adults Only Age Verification System for WordPress! Adults Only Age Verification System for WordPress is perfect for websites that have mature, alcohol, or tobacco related content.
Adults Only protects your site from being viewed by under aged person’s by verifying their birth day, as well optionally getting them to agree to your sites agreement. Here is a list of features that Adults Only boasts:
Multiple verification methods.
Simple links, input fields, or a drop down. We have all the bases covered. We also allow you to easily reorder the forms to your liking. For example: Is your site based in Australia? Easily change the form order to DD/MM/YYYY.
Search Engine Optimisation
Adults Only allows you to check if it’s really a person who’s trying to access your website, or a search engine’s crawler. If it detects a crawler, it bypasses the age verification system, and lets them do what they came to do. In other words, this feature allows your site to be indexed by crawlers.
We allow you to easily disable site wide age validation in favour of shortcodes. This is perfect for those sites that have a little bit of adult content, or wish to warn users who may potentially be browsing your website at work of the NSFW nature of your post.
Adults Only AVS has a built in template system that allows you to easily customise every aspect of your age gate. Adults Only AVS comes with three templates:
The separate theme gives a discreet look to your age gate. None of your website is displayed to the visitor prior to age validation.
The overlay theme is a transparent window, a light box if you will, to your site. It shows just the right amount of content and style, while still protecting minors.
The page theme is an absolute god send for designers. It takes extremely important aspects of your current WordPress theme, and puts the age gate in between. In other words, it allows you to quickly set up your age gate with your current theme without touching a line of code.
Don’t like something about a theme? Easily change it using the intuitive interface that makes doing so a breeze.
Easily redirect users upon validation to a better landing page to sell your product, or service. Redirect underaged users to another one of your site that’s a little bit more age appropriate.
Change logVersion 1.7 July 3rd 2015
- Added compatibility for certain themes that had issues with post meta.
- Added option to disable logo in the page theme as well as post meta and shortcode.
- Added option to default to minimum allowed year for the select validation method.
- Added option of restricting categories. This works for both the category pages, and posts. Meaning if you view a post that has an age restricted category the age gate will show.
- Optimized botcheck
- Added IP comparability to botcheck to allow white listing of services that don’t follow best practices. This isn’t recommended and should be avoided(IPs can change at any time)
- Added page(string) exclusion list. This is to allow certain use cases where you don’t have direct access to a page due to it being done by a plugin. Examples: example.com/?mod_api=2312sdfsdgf, or example.com/sitemap/. Just add the string to the url and that page will no longer have an age gate on it.
- Improved geo location age check. Also expanded the default list of ages to 41, and it now only includes countries that aren’t to 18. As I don’t have the means to test all of those countries some might not be working. Please contact me if they if any aren’t.
- Improved [aoage] to work with geo location.
- Improved post meta by adding full theme support along side inline support. This means you can now use the overlay theme with post meta. Please note that the page theme, and inline are different as the page will generally not include other things related to the post while the include will.
- Fixed issue with inline post meta sometimes not showing up due to WordPress settings.
- Fixed translation issues, and made all text on the backend translatable.
- Fixed rare string output
- Fixed scalar value error message sometimes showing
- Fixed separate theme JS validation issues in the drop down validation method.
You can view the full change log here.