Think perhaps many developers here (though not all, obviously) need to create documents that;
- assume an idiot is reading them and not a seasoned master!
- include a live demo in the package, so that sections of the code can be copied directly into a page.
- use a “normal” folder layout so that scripts, images and styles can be moved simply
The upshot of this would ultimately make for happier customers and less time answering stupid questions.
A good example is the developer “NuvuScripts” – Utterly amazing product, perfect doc and an equally perfect file layout, the upshot was a five star rating and a short and sweet thank you message on the products comment area …... Oh and a customer that will return to buy again.
+1. Spend a little more time writing your documentation and you will spend A LOT less time with support emails.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.