Think perhaps many developers here (though not all, obviously) need to create documents that;
- assume an idiot is reading them and not a seasoned master!
- include a live demo in the package, so that sections of the code can be copied directly into a page.
- use a “normal” folder layout so that scripts, images and styles can be moved simply
The upshot of this would ultimately make for happier customers and less time answering stupid questions.
A good example is the developer “NuvuScripts” – Utterly amazing product, perfect doc and an equally perfect file layout, the upshot was a five star rating and a short and sweet thank you message on the products comment area …... Oh and a customer that will return to buy again.
+1. Spend a little more time writing your documentation and you will spend A LOT less time with support emails.
- Author was Featured
- Referred between 1 and 9 users
- Bought between 1 and 9 items
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
- Exclusive Author
+1. I just improved my documentation files by adding more screenshots and more usage examples.