2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

This was in reply to DD being banned from forums question and the ongoing issues of the markeplace.

I want to try and be as constructive as I can in this reply. First I don’t want you to be banned – why? because I like the fact that you say what you feel. The problem is not your message but sometimes how it comes across – every point you have is valid I feel.

I am getting just as tired as everyone else with what appears to be intense growing pains for the marketplaces and systems.

The simple fact is that authors are generally not happy, and with very just cause. It’s no secret that the front page bug is ridiculous, that we have queue issues for some time (since the redesign which I still feel was another error in usability – but that’s a whole other issue) – we have had devs telling us to try other browsers, upload then refresh – close a window then re-open – front page we are working on it, now we have missing items, items that we are told are there but we can’t see – mine was uploaded several days ago as a tiny css fix but I still wait, and yet I see newly uploaded items now on sale.

It’s all becoming rather a farce and someone, whether that’s the ceo, markeplace manager or whatever title they have to actually pony up and get this crap organized, fixed and back on track.

Just wanted to say what I feel without trying to be disrespectful – that’s all.

Might be a great exercise for Envato to start some polls for authors feelings, ideas, expansion plans etc – although Envato own the system, it is the authors that are the true blood of the system – without them the marketplace will die and competition will inevitably rise and take over or at least seriously hurt the market share. Time for someone to take charge is all I am saying.

2952 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

I won’t participate in this thread but I just want to say I appreciate it.

Thanks Johnathan.

738 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Jar says

Have a good weekend Dany. :)

831 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
tigerlabs says

Well put Johnathan. :)

659 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
luckykind says
This was in reply to DD being banned from forums question and the ongoing issues of the markeplace.

I want to try and be as constructive as I can in this reply. First I don’t want you to be banned – why? because I like the fact that you say what you feel. The problem is not your message but sometimes how it comes across – every point you have is valid I feel.

I am getting just as tired as everyone else with what appears to be intense growing pains for the marketplaces and systems.

The simple fact is that authors are generally not happy, and with very just cause. It’s no secret that the front page bug is ridiculous, that we have queue issues for some time (since the redesign which I still feel was another error in usability – but that’s a whole other issue) – we have had devs telling us to try other browsers, upload then refresh – close a window then re-open – front page we are working on it, now we have missing items, items that we are told are there but we can’t see – mine was uploaded several days ago as a tiny css fix but I still wait, and yet I see newly uploaded items now on sale.

It’s all becoming rather a farce and someone, whether that’s the ceo, markeplace manager or whatever title they have to actually pony up and get this crap organized, fixed and back on track.

Might be a great exercise for Envato to start some polls for authors feelings, ideas, expansion plans etc – although Envato own the system, it is the authors that are the true blood of the system – without them the marketplace will die and competition will inevitably rise and take over or at least seriously hurt the market share. Time for someone to take charge is all I am saying.

Just wanted to emphasize the points… kind of like Cliffs Notes… ;)

... and I agree with it all… it’s what DD has been saying all along, except without sitting in crib and wearing a dirty diaper… :P (just playin DD)

2952 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

Just wanted to emphasize the points… kind of like Cliffs Notes… ;)

... and I agree with it all… it’s what DD has been saying all along, except without sitting in crib and wearing a dirty diaper… :P (just playin DD)

I had to google translate to know what a crib was :) lol

595 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
designcise says

i started a similar thread today when i discovered the bug as well .. then i ran across the other thread about it which too is locked now .. and now im here .. i feel the need to express my frustration about it all as well .. and in short it’s just everything jonathan01 said .. i understand perfectly jefferys position on this, and he’s not the one to blame .. however, i do want to raise questions about the developers’ priorities and being informed about development queues and bug-fixes release dates etc. .. as jonathan01 said:

“it is the authors that are the true blood of the system – without them the marketplace will die and competition will inevitably rise and take over or at least seriously hurt the market share.

bottom line: we need to be informed about what’s going on exactly .. that would help everyone ease off on the frustration ..

i have 22 projects in the pipeline, i’m working day and night on .. and reading posts as such, and running into several other problems all the time jus makes me think twice if it’s worth the push .. certainly, no one can overlook the potential these marketplaces have, but if things keep getting ugly like this, envato might loose some really good developers .. not that it would matter much to envato, because more and more developers will keep coming in .. but this would hurt their business and if an alternative to envato were to exist, it would certainly gain momentum ..

and about the whole DDStudios ban warning issue .. well, his tone is a bit harsh at times i have to agree with everyone else .. but that’s only because he’s been allowed to speak like that time after time .. he should have been warned about this since the very first day so he could have worked on the way he expresses himself .. regardless, i think it’s just that everyone’s very frustrated .. we all jus need to take a deep breath and calm down ..

we jus need re-assurance that work is in progress and we’ll be seeing some results soon .. if we start worrying about all these issues, we can’t concentrate on our part of the work for the community ..

595 posts
+5 more
designcise says

just a quick request/suggestion for community managers and moderators .. can we have something like this thread:

http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/update-on-queue-issues/25518

..informing us about the updates etc. so we see less of angry/frustrated developers and threads like this one ..

plus it would be really helpful if issues are addressed in one place with development progress being updated frequently, and those threads should be locked and only be used for posting updates by the moderators / managers ..

thanks!

1599 posts Chris Robinson
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

Would also like to see more focus put on the core functionailty issues than new feature development, don’t get me wrong I do appreciate the work being put into new dev. It just would make more sense to fix the current issues first.

595 posts
+5 more
designcise says
Would also like to see more focus put on the core functionailty issues than new feature development, don’t get me wrong I do appreciate the work being put into new dev. It just would make more sense to fix the current issues first.

i second that!

by
by
by
by
by
by