49 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Denmark
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
mp3dk says

Hello,

I am setting up a website for a client who is running a restaurant using WordPress. I need to implement their menu somehow – What would be the easiest and most neat way to do that?

Simply by using a table, using somekind of plugin for the purpose or by inserting the menu as an image?

I would like to hear some suggestions. Thanks.

1473 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

Funny, just a week ago I was in a restaurant with my family and idea came to my mind about the good plugin for restaurants which would serve to easily create menus.

I am working on a theme now so I have no time, but I searched for it and couldn’t find the nice solution.

This seemed to me like a promising solution but it looks like it’s not supported anymore and has some big problems: http://codecanyon.net/item/customizable-wordpress-restaurant-menu/163855

49 posts
  • Located in Denmark
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
mp3dk says

The idea of the plugin is good and I think I could use that for different projects. Too bad it isn’t supported any longer.

Also, I am not able to develop a plugin myself.

189 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
Crusader12 Envato team says

I would think the easiest and neatest way to do this is to create a taxonomy for the menu/menu groups. Then setup links to the taxonomy categories (breakfast, lunch, appetizers, etc) through the website menu/sidebars. At that point all you would just need to add menu items like they were blog articles and style the archive pages to looks like a menu. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a menu plugin and I imagine it would be difficult to create a generic menu plugin since there are so many different types of restaurants that need to be taken into consideration – all of which would require different options and designs.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
gledylawrn says

Table also wouldn’t be a bad option. Although plugins too could be used. Go with the one You are more comfortable. letterpress invitations

by
by
by
by
by
by