Hello, I wanted a clarification to be sure of this …
I’d like to buy the extended license of some scripts that I like on the marketplace, and adapt them to work with xml feeds which are then administered via one of my products and then I’d like to distribute the complete package (my product + other product)
I would respect the terms in this way or I would infringe something?
Thanks in advance
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Community Moderator
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Author was Featured
- Item was Featured
- Won a Competition
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
Hi vectordez, I’ve passed this onto staff for an answer
It sounds like the extended license should work for you, but without all the details, it’s hard to tell you for sure. Can you tell me a little more what you’re using and building and how it’ll be distributed?
It potentially would affect all products with high sales volume
The added value would be given by:
1) my xml data management system (useful for any kind of xml data editing)
2) the php/xml interpreter (written for each product) that will provide feed to the frontend
I know this may seem unfair, but other authors could buy my xml editor with extended license and do the same thing … so I think it is acceptable …
Let me know…
Yep, that sounds fine.