1 post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
gotmedia says

I would love something like this—doesn’t have to be Ajaxed, but always a plus.

2823 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

I’m working on this right now actually :) haha.

A normal and an ajax version. Similar to my sitemap script. Just plugs into any static html website. It will search meta tags of html files and will attempt to search the actual page content in html files. It will also pick up matching file names for things like pdf documents. It won’t be a google, but it will be awesome for small static websites.

You’ll be able to specify which folders to search and which folders/files to ignore via regex.

There will be a few custom php callback functions where you can inject results from a mysql query for those advanced users. So you can search the static site and (for example) search a mysql table of products to return results from there as well.

If I finish my other work (unlikely lol) it should be ready in about a week.

Feel free to post feature requests here.

2823 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Here’s what’s done so far. Rather basic. But successfully searches page content, meta tags, page url and displays results. Also callback function for custom search result injection is working. Using some pretty basic demo content at the moment for testing as you can see.

Next on the list is styling the search results, highlighting the matching keywords in search results, getting it to search PDF files / filenames and trying it out on some real website content.

My working demo page:

http://tf.dtbaker.com.au/widget_search/sitemap.php

(have just wacked it onto the side of the sitemap tool so you can manually see what html files it is searching)

26 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Swifty_core says

I have tried to upload something like this… My item was rejected :/

I have used zend framework & lucene to build a crawler that index your public content…

It was rejected because : “Nobody will use that item”... I’ll wait and try to resend it one day !

Chears

by
by
by
by
by
by