1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Venetia says

I have a Wordpress site, and its “community” (blogs, forums) is IPB. I’ve been trying for ages to get the two sections share the same login.

There was an IPB plugin a while back which worked, but whomever made it stopped updating, and has since become impossible to contact. Since then, I haven’t been able to find any means of doing this. I still have the plugin, if you would like to simply take a look at it and see if you can get THAT to work (so you don’t have to start from scratch).

So, basically:

• The user should be able to click on a [register] button on WP, and be directed to the form on IPB.
  • If the user logs in on IPB, it will show them as logged in on WP.
  • If the user clicks a [log in] button on WP, it will direct them to the IPB login form (which looks nicer). (And, of course, they will be logged in on both softwares).
  • If the user clicks [log out] on either WP or IPB, they will be logged out of both.
  • If the user is logged in, on either WP or IPB, their name will show in a “Welcome back, _!” message at the top (such as how IPB has it). Clicking their name would take them to their IPB profile.
  • Whatever cookies will be needed for this should not conflict with any of the cookies IPB or WP regularly uses.
  • Users that are currently not registered on both WP and IPB would need to be added to either database, I’m assuming. I can make names permanent for logins, if necessary, no worries.
  • What you provide will also need to work with the other plugins I am using. Most of them are fairly basic. Will provide a list on serious inquiry.
  • I’d require that I can contact you for help in the future, in case something breaks from an update. I’m not an early-adopter on major updates, so I won’t bother you very often. I’d also pay for any major work that needs to be done to adapt to an update.

That’s basically it. WP <> IPB login integration.

I have no definite time limit for when this is needed. The site is already up and running: this is just something that we’ve been wanting for a while now.

Send me some links to your work and how much you believe something like this would cost me. I will gladly entertain any reasonable quotes: I’m looking for quality work, and will be able to provide more to someone that does a good job with this.

(If you wanted to use your work for this to sell to others, on this site or on IPB Marketplace [or anywhere else], for example, that’s fine, but please adjust your price accordingly.)

You can contact me here, or at venetia at hbgames dot org. More specific information on the site itself will only be given via email.

Thank you!

[P.S.: Note that I am well-aware that IPB has a Content add-on. I have it (disabled). It’s not as robust as WP for articles. I am also aware that BuddyPress integrates with WP. But that is not as robust an option for forums/blogs as IPB.]

264 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • India
vijayjoshi says

I think I can do this but I am not sure about securities… and I have few questions i need to ask you.. can we please talk on skype?

my site http://vijay-joshi.appspot.com

1 post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
PIPno says

What happend here?

by
by
by
by
by
by