13 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
breinhart says

I have an idea but with the current workload I’m unable to spend the time to develop it.

I would like to use the jQuery galleriffic gallery located here: http://www.twospy.com/galleriffic/ but have the ability to manage the gallery from a php admin control panel. (add/delete/edit items)

My idea for the control panel would include an upload and thumbnail re-sizer, and a portion to add image titles like the examples from the link above. I think this could do well here at codecanyon since galleriffic plugin seems to be popular and degrades nicely when javascript is off in the browser.

Please post any other ideas or if anyone might be interested in developing such an item.

Thank you!

167 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
themac says

hi,

maybe http://codecanyon.net/item/xgal-high-end-gallery-machine/51921 or http://codecanyon.net/item/sgm-simple-multimedia-gallery-machine/77328 could help ya

there are JQuery driven galleries implemented, you could take and change them to your dynamic gallerific scripts

bye mac

303 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Laith says

Xml Slider And here is my XML Slider all you have to do is to edit the XML file and the Slider will be updated directly

13 posts
breinhart says

Thank you both for your posts.

@themac – is there anyway around the mod_rewrite function in your scripts? (not offered on my host) The 1st link you posted looks like it would be a great start (huge time saver) – (many options) in the admin area.

@Laith – I’ve bookmarked your script because I can see this being useful for other things I had in mind for other projects. I noticed you used a nice and simple xml output. I used a similar format a while back when I created a dynamic RSS feed from a database.

Edit: actually themac the 2nd link looks more like what I was going for…just worried about mod_rewrite being an issue

167 posts
+4 more
themac says

hi,

actually themac the 2nd link looks more like what I was going for…just worried about mod_rewrite being an issue
For the next update in the mid of February I plan an option to turn on/off mod_rewrite

rgds
mac

13 posts
breinhart says
hi,
actually themac the 2nd link looks more like what I was going for…just worried about mod_rewrite being an issue
For the next update in the mid of February I plan an option to turn on/off mod_rewrite rgds
mac

That sounds great! I’m used to ?page=pagename by now…haha ugly urls…haha

I wouldn’t necessarily need the ability to have users create an acct, but removing the signup links doesn’t look like it would be a problem, and I could always use it as a hosting site as you intended.

Nice work on the jQuery code also to display the gallery. I’ll check back in mid Feb as this isn’t anything I need right away.

Thank you!

167 posts
+4 more
themac says

hi breinhart,

SGM 2 .0 is released and with the help of php mod_rewrite you should be able to use SGM w/o apache’s mod_rewrite

rgds
mac

13 posts
breinhart says

hi mac,

Thanks for the update. Things have been busy lately but I’ll check it out soon.

by
by
by
by
by
by