86 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
mesunil2010 says

A handsome reply…. Then an opensource browser ruling the world would be better. ... :)

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Garbee says

It would be better if there was single browser in the world. Diversity of Browsers have been really painful to designers and developers rather than useful. What do you guys think about it?

If only a single browser were around then we would have no browser innovation. One of the great things of having many browsers is we see different ways of optimizing and enhancing the rendering of sites come around; from that we see which one is best and others follow or adapt to try and be better. Asking for only one browser would hurt the web more than help it. Perhaps even hurt developers more than help them in the long run.

86 posts
+2 more
mesunil2010 says

Thanks for your replies guys. I think you guys are right. But IE sucks…. :)

201 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+13 more
Crusader12 Envato team says

IE is actually making a comeback. I agree that older versions of IE are difficult to work with, but IE has really taken a bad beating for all the wrong reasons.

Most of the times that you find yourself doing crazy hacks and workarounds to ‘fix’ IE is because Microsoft was actually doing what it was supposed to be doing… waiting to implement features when they became standards – for the most part. They do have their quirky proprietary features as well, but it seems they never got the ‘bleeding edge browser badge of approval’ the way modern browsers do today. If you’ve ever worked with IE Filters they’re quite interesting, and were achieving web effects through fairly simple code that most browsers didn’t see until CSS3 came along….. in IE 5.5

IE 9 and 10 are amazingly fast and in a lot of cases will easily out-perform Chrome and Firefox. IE10 is also bringing some very intelligent user design with the new Metro/Modern interface as well. Everyone still has a bad taste in their mouth from 6/7, but 9 and 10 are IMO worthy browsers.

It seems to me that the lagging browsers now are Opera and Safari. Safari is incredibly slow (especially the PC version) and Opera can’t seem to figure out how to animate certain things without going into 8-bit video game console mode.

86 posts
+2 more
mesunil2010 says

A heartful thanks for such a lovely information. I haven’t tried IE10 yet. Now i am gonna give a try. Lets see how far can it take… :)

446 posts here for love
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+7 more
nCrafts says

Yep, quite true. IE 9 and IE 10 are pretty good. And the fonts from Google fonts look more smooth and refined on IE 10 than they do on Chrome or Firefox.

by
by
by
by
by
by