Polling to see if anyone here has experience working with Node.js and what people have to say about it. It looks cool, but wanting to get some opinions before diving in. Thanks!
It is very cool for “live” appliacations such as chats, fasebook-like newsfeeds, comment systems etc. It’s best to use it together with MongoDB.
Thanks Yatek, I’ll have to check out MongoDB as well. I knew about the cool features for building chat systems and newsfeeds, etc. which is what caught my interest. But unsure is this would be a useful addition to the toolbox or something that comes up and is needed every once in a while.
- United Kingdom
- Community Superstar
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
- Has been a member for 2-3 years
- Microlancer Beta Tester
- Bought between 100 and 499 items
- Referred between 10 and 49 users
I know this is a old thread, but how did you get on with Node.JS … I’m wanting to learn it myself, I think its going to be the language of the year.
Any resources you can recommend? I wish you could upload Node.JS to CodeCanyon.
@aaranmcguire There is a very good course about it on Tuts+