1716 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
gbs says

Well, I don’t know if anybody has the same issue, or does it have anything with the problem @Carmen said in this topic, but recently many buyer messages sent to me via Profile contact form, are marked as Spam in my Gmail inbox. I don’t have any filter on, and all these messages are from genuine buyers (purchase history checked), and have nothing to do with what called Spam. Just a remark from Gmail – “Be careful with this message. Many people marked similar messages as spam.” and it all jumps to my Spam folder. I don’t check my Spam folder as usual as the Inbox (well, anybody does, I think so). So the results are, some of my buyers cannot reach my support and I cannot reach my potential clients; which is really inconvenient.

So Envato would you please have a check at this problem? Because I have never met this issue before since I started being an author. And now I have to check my Spam box everyday to avoid missing any information from buyers. Other authors can take a lesson from my case – don’t forget about the Spam box :(

4599 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+6 more
KingDog Staff says

Sometimes the Google spam filter can be a bit aggressive depending on the content etc. There’s unfortunately not really much you can do about it other than check your spam folder periodically. It’s happens with every spam filter. You’re bound to get a few misdirected messages. Thanks!

1716 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
gbs says

Sometimes the Google spam filter can be a bit aggressive depending on the content etc. There’s unfortunately not really much you can do about it other than check your spam folder periodically. It’s happens wit every spam filter. You’re bound to get a few misdirected messages. Thanks!

Thanks for your reply, KingDog. I do know the thing about Spam and filters, and actually Gmail spam filter has never disappointed me in the past. I’m just afraid there are problems on larger scale; like there were too many spam emails from Envato domains that Google now remarks even genuine emails from Envato as Spam.

108 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
wallfish says

Thanks for heads up! Will keep a note!

JohnAndrewsAudio
JohnAndrewsAudio Recent Posts
Threads Started