3 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
dbowker says

I’d like to be able to direct people to retailers that carry my product. Or perhaps in the future, in an ideal world, my own store.

Basically, a “where to buy” solution.

My feature wish list would include:

- International support

- Direct the user to certain stores, depending on the type of product they’re looking for. For example, on the Victorinox website (http://www.victorinox.com/ca/content/store_finder) you can filter stores by product type and whether they carry watches, cutlery, clothes, etc.

- Google Maps, geolocation, Google Maps directions integration.

- Ability to include arbitrary information about the retailer, such as store-front photos, pictures of staff, store hours, holiday hours, etc.

- Support for “e-tailers” as well.

- And look good. ;-)

Extra points go to a solution that avoids PHP , .NET, MySQL cruft. The most efficient solution would probably involve client-side (aka Javascript) parsing of a downloadable hand-edited database/list file.

There’s nothing this comprehensive on codecanyon right now!

59 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Australia
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
gbsmith71 says

I have an item in my portfolio (can’t tell you which one – against forum rules) that does a lot of what you want.

Primarily javascript, but does use php to talk to the database to retrieve records as a json file, but would not be hard to modify to use pre existing stat json files, whuch would avoid PHP / mysql.

35 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
mcollins says

dkbower

just type into code canyon “store locator” ... i am using this on a completed store, and WOW , it is and does pretty much everything.

http://codecanyon.net/item/advanced-store-locator-for-wordpress/238166
3 posts
  • Canada
dbowker says

Hey there, thanks for the replies. I appreciate it.

gbsmith71, I checked out your item and its pretty darn close to what I want. It would take some work to get it how I like it. It might be doable. Personally I’ve never really worked with Javascript or PHP —mostly low-level stuff. I’m not sure I have the patience to learn. Nice work though!

mcollins, I did that a long time ago and was a bit underwhelmed by what I saw. I looked at Advanced Store Locator but the demo was kind of a turn off. It’s really… unpolished… I don’t know how configurable it is.

Thanks again for your time guys, I’m going to keep both in mind.

35 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
mcollins says

yes, unfortunately the demo does not do this plugin any justice what so ever. If you would like to see it in action, I have used it on a client site www.fishfuelco.com.au On the top I have a link to allow shops to setup a location easy, and when you go to the shop finder, you will see it in action.

All the fields in the plugin are so fantastic, and quite allot of it does not get talked about in the description.

I should let you know that the plugin is really easy to use, right off the bat it just works without fussing about to much.

61 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
yougapi says

Thanks for the nice feedback @mcollins !

3 posts
  • Canada
dbowker says

Aha. Very nice work mcollins! yougapi, you might have a new customer in a few days. ;-)

39 posts
  • Philippines
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
iscagigas says

I have an item in my portfolio (can’t tell you which one – against forum rules) that does a lot of what you want. Primarily javascript, but does use php to talk to the database to retrieve records as a json file, but would not be hard to modify to use pre existing stat json files, whuch would avoid PHP / mysql.

i love one of your scripts but how i wish you’re open to adding foursquare registration and checkins on thos store/location pop-ups for a smalle fee.

awaiting for your reply.

59 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
gbsmith71 says

I have an item in my portfolio (can’t tell you which one – against forum rules) that does a lot of what you want. Primarily javascript, but does use php to talk to the database to retrieve records as a json file, but would not be hard to modify to use pre existing stat json files, whuch would avoid PHP / mysql.

i love one of your scripts but how i wish you’re open to adding foursquare registration and checkins on thos store/location pop-ups for a smalle fee.

awaiting for your reply.

I don’t know much about the Foursquare API , but I’ll look into it and get back to you.

39 posts
  • Philippines
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
iscagigas says

awaiting for your reply.
I don’t know much about the Foursquare API , but I’ll look into it and get back to you.

any updates on this? :)

by
by
by
by
by
by